Bought k-sport coilover. How low can i go?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
fillpereira
antispam: No

Bought k-sport coilover. How low can i go?

Post by fillpereira »

Just bought some new k-sport coilover. How low can I go? Whats the absolute lowest I can go with out rubbing issues or turning radius issues. Not that I plan on slamming it but I do want pretty low. I just want to know my limitations. Wheels are 205/40/17

Current Ride height

youdirtyfox

Re: Bought k-sport coilover. How low can i go?

Post by youdirtyfox »

That's not an easy question to answer as they are infinately adjustable, so I would experiment a bit first.
However you want to go lower then you would be able to with just lowering springs right?! otherwise whats
the point of coilovers as they ride sure is more hardcore then springs you might aswell take the full hit.

I would say about 3" (70-80mm) would be a good place with a fender roll so you don't mash up your sidewalls
and see how you get on, can always raise it or go lower again they are really easy to adjust once your get the hang of them.
My car is about -100mm but I can probably go another 20-30mm lower before the bottom of the coilover touches the CV boot

More important though is getting all the springs pretensioned properly and equally all round.

Look forward to seeing it, should look very sexy with less arch gap :D
fillpereira

Post by fillpereira »

youdirtyfox wrote:That's not an easy question to answer as they are infinately adjustable, so I would experiment a bit first.
However you want to go lower then you would be able to with just lowering springs right?! otherwise whats
the point of coilovers as they ride sure is more hardcore then springs you might aswell take the full hit.

I would say about 3" (70-80mm) would be a good place with a fender roll so you don't mash up your sidewalls
and see how you get on, can always raise it or go lower again they are really easy to adjust once your get the hang of them.
My car is about -100mm but I can probably go another 20-30mm lower before the bottom of the coilover touches the CV boot

More important though is getting all the springs pretensioned properly and equally all round.

Look forward to seeing it, should look very sexy with less arch gap :D

Ok thats what I thought, I was hoping there was some magical formula for ours cars where you could enter the wheel size and boom there's your answer lol

Appreciate the reply
mazda915

Post by mazda915 »

I had ksports in my old mx wnd had 16 inch wheel's with 45 sidewall and I had it lowered enough to have a clean look . The suspension wont drop the mx wah down cause of the design of the suspension but you can have it low as heck good enough to notice the ride hight. Also make surr you preload the coil right . And get an alignment done asap .
1992 gs k8ze . 4 inch tip 2.5 cat , cold air intake ,corksport front and rear stut bars home made upper pillar bar , prosport gauges,megan racing 4 pts harnest, 10,000 K HID's , ksport suspension ,
mazdaspeed23

Post by mazdaspeed23 »

I have a 1.7inch drop, and I have to drive sideways into places sometimes, mind you I have a molded body kit, without a body kit if you went 1.7 or even 1.5 I think you would be fine, and still look sweet while that low.
Own
1994 MX-3 GS swapped ZE
1994 MX-3 GS Swapped ZE (Gone)
1996 Dodge Dakota Sport v8 Magnum
2007 Ford Fusion SE

WORK LOG: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=81232

My MX-3 is nothing without me, and i am nothing without my MX-3

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”