[GB] Rigid Sperical Sway Bar End Links IMPORTANT NOTE ADDED!

This forum is only for posting information pertaining to group buys. (Administrators must give access to group buy organizers before a new group buy is added.) Please contact forums@MX-3.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to be given access to this forum as only group buy organizers will be allowed to post here once it is set up. MX-3.com holds no responsibility for the validity of any Group Buys that are posted in this forum, so be sure to research who you are dealing with before sending your money.
wytbishop

[GB] Rigid Sperical Sway Bar End Links IMPORTANT NOTE ADDED!

Post by wytbishop »

Ok fellas it's on.

Here are the details.

Cost will be $115.00CDN + $10 for shipping for a complete set front and rear. I figure the most shipping would have been is about $15 so to make it easy I'll do a flat rate. If you want to toss in a couple of dollars for the paypal fees that would be swell too. I will not make a dime on this GB. I'm in this for the feedback so that you will hopefully all buy poly bushings from me later.

I cannot order the spherical bushings until I have your payments because I need over $800 worth of them to make 10 sets and I am not prepared to get stuck with hundreds of dollars of parts. I will spend the next week or so doing the small stuff. I have some machining I need to do that I will front the money for so progress will be made while waiting for payments.

IF YOUR PAYMENT IS NOT IN BY FRIDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2008 YOU ARE OUT. I WILL NOT ALLOW THIS TO TURN INTO ANOTHER GROUP BUY DOG AND PONY SHOW.

I have sent everyone on the list my paypal information as well as my home address and cell phone number. I want you to feel you can trust me. Everyone with payment made by Friday will have product in hand by the last day of October. If you don't want to be in this round that's fine but please let me know. There will be other chances.

Thanks for being involved.

Charlie
Last edited by wytbishop on September 27th, 2008, 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
wytbishop

Re: [GB] Rigid Sperical Sway Bar End Links

Post by wytbishop »

I neglected to mention that $7 from each set will be donated to the forum. It's a privlege to be able to take advantage of the community's wealth of knowledge.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
wytbishop

Re: [GB] Rigid Sperical Sway Bar End Links

Post by wytbishop »

Thanks to those of you who have already send payment.

It would be helpful to me if you could indicate your forum handle in the notes with your paypal payment. I'm trying to keep track of who's paid and I know all of your names.

Thanks a lot.
Charlie
My Worklog
My feedback thread
wytbishop

Re: [GB] Rigid Sperical Sway Bar End Links IMPORTANT NOTE ADDED!

Post by wytbishop »

I wanted to give everyone an idea what they're paying for but I haven't actually done any of the fabrication yet...so I made a model.

This is what the rear sway bar end link will look like. What you're really paying me to do is to make that black nut in the middle. Everything else you can purchase yourself, but there's no such thing as a 3/4" long, 3/8"x24tpi Coupling Nut with left and right hand threads. The left and right thread allows the length to be adjusted without disconnecting either end of the link. There are 5 processes required to make that nut.

I wanted to do the same for the fronts, but the link is just too short. The Coupling Nut would have to be less than 1/2" long and there would not be enough thread engagement with the rod ends. Even using a male/female setup as I showed in the GI thread, both rod ends have to be shortened to make the link 2.250" in length. So unfortunately the fronts will be a male/female pair and one end will have to be disconnected to adjust the length.

Anyway, I have already purchased everything but the rod ends. I will wait until I have everyone's money before I do that. Next Saturday I will be doing all the machine work to make those Coupling Nuts and then as soon as the rod ends arrive I will be able to send them out immediately.

I'll take pictures as I work so you can see how I toil to supply you all with cool stuff.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Just a friendly reminder to please have your payment in by this Friday at noonish. Those who have not paid will be left out of this round.

I will order the parts on Friday and I should have them within the week. I plan to have the complete parts shipped by the 17th of October.

I will make a couple of extra sets incase a couple of late comers show interest, but I will not have a large supply on hand, so if you want to make sure you get some, send your money now.

Thanks,
Charlie
My Worklog
My feedback thread
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

OK...so I'm going to give some blood and when I get back I will be contacting my supplier and placing my order. As of this moment I have received payment in some form from the following members:

tehbrookzorz
Fowljesse
Onlytrueromeo
Nd4SpdSe
Flyer
Hotsiit
Rece
RS_OBD_oh2
Mooneggs

A couple others have indicated their desire to be included and so I'm counting them in on faith. If there are any last minute orders please get em in quickly.

Thanks to everyone who has supported my GB.

Edit...to add Mooneggs to the list of paid members.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

OK guys, I placed my order this afternoon for the parts. Tomorrow, if all goes well I will have all of your nuts...

I thought you'd like that.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Hey everybody,

Thank you all for your payments. I have received money from everyone. It's Thanksgiving this weekend up here, so I'll be out of town. I will be working diligently next week to get your parts made. I still plan to ship by the end of next week.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Product has all been shipped.

Thanks everyone for a painless group buy.

Feel free to leave feedback if you were happy with the service.

Charlie
My Worklog
My feedback thread

Return to “Parts Group Buys”