Idle Problem

A Forum For Quebec MX-3 Club Related Topics.
Kristy

Idle Problem

Post by Kristy »

I have a Madza Precidia Mx3

My car had problems starting one cold morning and I brought it to a mechanics. After changing the basics; spark plugs, recharged the battery etc.. the car started. Then he told me that my car idle was low, so he boosted the rev higher. He turned the adjustment screw on the throttle body. I left that day the car was running. I noticed that when I started the car again that my tachometer gauge was on 2 (since then I had trouble starting it to begin with). I brought it again to another mechanic and requested that he brings it back to normal. I tried to drive the car the following morning and now it seems to be too low. It stalls easily and won't stay running unless I pump the gas and even backfires while driving. It bascially not safe to drive. The funny thing with this is that I saw him adjust it and at that time the gauge was showing between 0 and 1. Any ideas on what the problem is or the procedure to adjust it correctly.

Thanks.
TEAMpK

Post by TEAMpK »

Is there anyone around Montreal that can help her. After talking to her it sounds like some dill weed played with her idle screw and now she idles at almost nothing. I was hoping someone around could help a fellow new MXer out. Hook her up guys.
Tim - http://www.TEAMpK.net (formerly known as pkmx-3)
94 MX-3 RS JDM B6T
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Before adjusting the idle you need to put a jumper between TEN and ground inside the diagnostics box. You can just use a paper clip for this.

Make sure the car is at normal running temperature, in neutral (or park) and turn off all electrical loads like headlights too.

If you don't do this the ECU will try to compensate for the adjustment you are making and you'll never get it right.

Kristy - you can do this yourself so long as you know which screw to adjust on the throttle body. Adjust it to about 700 rpm.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
TEAMpK

Post by TEAMpK »

She already knew that she needs to adjust the screw to 700. She needs someone that can help her do it. Her mechanic is on vacation and she needs her car to run. Hoping someone close could offer some hands on assistance.
Tim - http://www.TEAMpK.net (formerly known as pkmx-3)
94 MX-3 RS JDM B6T
J0HN_R1

Post by J0HN_R1 »

Grants wrote:...Before adjusting the idle you need to put a jumper between TEN and ground inside the diagnostics box...
:?: Any pics or step-by-step instructions...? Where is this box at...? If I already messed with it (the idle screw), do I need to do anything specific...?
When this thing hits 88mph, you're gonna see some serious TIHS...!
J0HN_R1

Post by J0HN_R1 »

J0HN_R1 wrote:
Grants wrote:...Before adjusting the idle you need to put a jumper between TEN and ground inside the diagnostics box...
:?: Any pics or step-by-step instructions...? Where is this box at...? If I already messed with it (the idle screw), do I need to do anything specific...?

:roll: Thanx for the help fellas...
When this thing hits 88mph, you're gonna see some serious TIHS...!
skillz1two

Post by skillz1two »

maybe a vaccum leak

Return to “Quebec MX-3 Club (Quebec, QC)”