Turn Signals "catch" when turning wheel

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
mattster03

Turn Signals "catch" when turning wheel

Post by mattster03 »

Has anyone else had the annoying issue that when you're turning the wheel to the right or left (without the signal on) it seems to "catch" and turn on your blinker in that direction?

If so, how did you fix it? I am guessing I will either need a new turn signal mechanism or possibly someone before installed the wheel incorrectly?

Thanks in advance!
1992 Mazda MX-3 GS
1993 Mazda RX7 R1, LS1/T56 Swap, 10.943 @ 130mph
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mattsterrx7
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: Turn Signals "catch" when turning wheel

Post by Daninski »

Happened to me when some thing (can't remember what) fell into the adapter/steering wheel and kept catching when ever I turned. Some thing on your adapter must be catching. :shrug:
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
mattster03

Post by mattster03 »

Daninski wrote:Happened to me when some thing (can't remember what) fell into the adapter/steering wheel and kept catching when ever I turned. Some thing on your adapter must be catching. :shrug:
Cool sounds like I'll have to take of the wheel but that's not a biggie. I'll check it out and I hope it's something that easy!
1992 Mazda MX-3 GS
1993 Mazda RX7 R1, LS1/T56 Swap, 10.943 @ 130mph
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mattsterrx7
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Easy fix, 90% of the time.

Loosen the tilt adjust, lower the wheel, and slide your driver's seat forward. Place your chest against the wheel(to protect your face), and grab the wheel firmly with both arms wrapped behind it.

Pull consistently, not with a jerking motion, and then adjust the tilt wheel to preferred height.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”