4 lug brake upgrade?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Jforce
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

4 lug brake upgrade?

Post by Jforce »

Is there any info on an front brake upgrade that doesn't involve a 5lug spindle?

The only one i've ever seen where porsche brakes on an mx-3, i can't seem to find anything on this.

And mx-5 for the rear.
Josh
Supporting Member

Re: 4 lug brake upgrade?

Post by Josh »

Yes, unfortunately not much on MX-3 you will need to look at ClubProtege and Club roadster to try and find more info on it. I have not finished my write up on it as of yet.

I am doing a common Big brake upgrade for older 323 guys as well as the MX5 guys that involves 89-91 VW Corrado rotors. They are about a inch bigger and still fit within 15" wheels. You would need hub centric rings to center the disks, and if you used the stock caliper it would be really easy as all you would need is a small adapter bracket. I am using RX7 4 piston calipers and they will not fit in my rims.
Jforce

Post by Jforce »

I'm running 17 inch, so space isn't the problem.

The point is to keep the rims.

But the wilwood set is to pricy for me.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

i like that RX7 route. I wish i knew about that before i went the aftermarket route... Just so i have oem mazda brakes still lol go with the ceika set up if willwood is too much
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Jforce

Post by Jforce »

indeed looks interesting, the rx-7 calipers.

Is a bracket required or does it bolt straight on?

When do you expect it to be done?
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Jforce wrote:indeed looks interesting, the rx-7 calipers.

Is a bracket required or does it bolt straight on?

When do you expect it to be done?
A bracket is needed. Because of the mounting points I am going to have to change the location of the caliper as well. I would have been done already if it were not for events planned like every weekend.. I will have it done soon. I need to buy some aluminum plate, and new SS RX7 lines or an adapter from the mx3 banjo fitting.

My fitting issue has nothing to do with the diameter of the wheel it has to do with the width of the caliper and the rims that I have. In order to put them on now I would need a spacer about 1" wide. it is a rim offset issue is to why I have not finished it. I did finish the rear big brake upgrade though. I will post some pics of that soon.
Jforce

Post by Jforce »

kulluminati777 wrote:i like that RX7 route. I wish i knew about that before i went the aftermarket route... Just so i have oem mazda brakes still lol go with the ceika set up if willwood is too much

How much is ceika?

Cause the rx-7 route sound good.

But all in all, the cost is still pretty high. Around $1000,- for me. Something like $700 would be nice. Willwood will set me back about $1200. (shipping included &225)

Edit: checked site says about $850 exluding shipping.

How much was shipping for you?

Found also something similair: http://pbbrakes.com/brake-kits/mazda/mx ... e-kit.html

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”