Shock Alarm anybody?

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Shock Alarm anybody?

Post by MrMazda92 »

My car was keyed about 2 weeks ago, and I couldn't be more upset about it... Needless to say, I'm thinking electricity + an alarm that beeps on a keychain. Then they get shocked, and I get to say hello.

Anything I should know before embarking on this road to electricity enforced Karma?
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Re: Shock Alarm anybody?

Post by MrMazda92 »

All jokes aside, are there any complications with adding a system like this to an MX-3? I've seen them on other cars, and even tested it on a friend's. It's a great deterrent to theft... Hell, I wouldn't even open the doors on his car after that.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Sleeper6 »

I do believe theres certain legal issues involved with such a system if you ever actually caused any physical harm to the person, so be sure to check with your local PD
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Sleeper6 wrote:I do believe theres certain legal issues involved with such a system if you ever actually caused any physical harm to the person, so be sure to check with your local PD
I figured there would be, sad as that is... If I can set it up so it requires more than a light contact(such as somebody grabbing the door handles as opposed to bumping it with their fingers as they get out of a car next to it), then I'll feel more at ease. I'd even go so far as to park it far away from other cars, thus reducing the risk of anybody honest being shocked.
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
ethand

Post by ethand »

MrMazda92 wrote:
Sleeper6 wrote:I'd even go so far as to park it far away from other cars, thus reducing the risk of anybody honest being shocked.
Seriously, you think that would work??? I always park as far away from other cars as possible, but it seems that people like to park next to other cars :evil: Nearly everytime i park with spaces near me, there'll be a car parked right next to me on either side, with like 2 spare bays next to each... SO gay...
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I mean WAAAAAY out in the open. I don't mind the walk, and I would park against something, so as to keep 1 side protected from dings; Thus allowing me to park all the way on that line, so anybody parking next to me is obviously doing it for the wrong reasons anyway.
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
ethand

Post by ethand »

hmm... there never seems to be enough parking to do that here... and in Perth, we should have lots of space - we're the worlds most isolated 'city' (read town) after all haha
interested to know what happens with this though :)
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I'm thinking 3 uninterrupted seconds of contact on the car... I don't know anybody who randomly touches other people's cars just to do it, and 3 seconds seems a reasonable time.

Anybody tried this before?
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
ethand

Post by ethand »

hmm, true... unless its a mum leaning into the car next to yours getting a kid out the back and happens to have her rear touching your car while she does so... in which case ouch... ahahhaha
not likely though :)
all the best with it :D
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

In which case, she shouldn't have her arse on my Tracy!! :freak: I'm still considering custom license plates soon.
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
h3xt0r

Post by h3xt0r »

MrMazda92 wrote:My car was keyed about 2 weeks ago, and I couldn't be more upset about it... Needless to say, I'm thinking electricity + an alarm that beeps on a keychain. Then they get shocked, and I get to say hello.

Anything I should know before embarking on this road to electricity enforced Karma?
Oh how I have thought about doing that for soooooooo very long. Sadly, if you end up using it on your vehicle, and it does zap someone, it will be considered assault with a deadly weapon (Go figure right?). I have asked cops, friends, looked it up. All point to lots of legal issues.

However, you're not out of luck entirely. There are 'other' ways to deter people from playing with your car. With imagination, there really is no limitations. Back in highschool me and some friends made a particularly cool car alarm. Essentially it worked like any other car alarm however instead of an annoying beep... It would talk! My personal favorite was one which screamed "RAPE! RAPE! HELP HELP!". Keep in mind this is blaring away at upwards of 80-100 dBs. People run, and run quickly away from that car.

We also tried a system that was really gnarly. A 120dBs speaker which used a 'chirp' style rhythm. You cannot stand within 5' of the car without wishing you where 30' away. Our goal was to make a system which could incapacitate people, however that project failed. It was just really, really, really annoying.

An idea I had involved using a microwave as a way to get rid of pests. The idea is that you turn on the microwave and people's skin feels like its on fire. However there is alot of modifications that you have to do to make it work. And....My largest fear would be some sort of radiation problems. :-P
-H3xT0r
kateCapshaw wrote:The moment somebody says to me, "This is very risky," is the moment it becomes attractive to me.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

h3xt0r wrote: Oh how I have thought about doing that for soooooooo very long. Sadly, if you end up using it on your vehicle, and it does zap someone, it will be considered assault with a deadly weapon (Go figure right?). I have asked cops, friends, looked it up. All point to lots of legal issues.

However, you're not out of luck entirely. There are 'other' ways to deter people from playing with your car. With imagination, there really is no limitations. Back in highschool me and some friends made a particularly cool car alarm. Essentially it worked like any other car alarm however instead of an annoying beep... It would talk! My personal favorite was one which screamed "RAPE! RAPE! HELP HELP!". Keep in mind this is blaring away at upwards of 80-100 dBs. People run, and run quickly away from that car.

We also tried a system that was really gnarly. A 120dBs speaker which used a 'chirp' style rhythm. You cannot stand within 5' of the car without wishing you where 30' away. Our goal was to make a system which could incapacitate people, however that project failed. It was just really, really, really annoying.

An idea I had involved using a microwave as a way to get rid of pests. The idea is that you turn on the microwave and people's skin feels like its on fire. However there is alot of modifications that you have to do to make it work. And....My largest fear would be some sort of radiation problems. :-P

I love the idea of the RAPE caller alarm, absolutely love it.

The biggest part of this, is I know very well who keyed my car. He did it in the middle of the night, but left enough for me to know it was him without leaving enough to prove it in court.

We have a legally binding stalking order against this guy for attacking my girlfriend, and we've had other issues. He's broken the stalking order repeatedly, and has damaged my property in an attempt to goad me into breaking the order by coming to him.

I'm not going to enable him to harm my girlfriend, no matter how much he deserves what he's trying to goad me into. He's damaged my car, attacked my girlfriend, stolen from me, and much more. He doesn't know it, but the stalking order benefits him just as much as it does us. The saddest part, he's a HHHHAWNDA fanboy with VTEC and more stickers on his POS. Go figure.
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
h3xt0r

Post by h3xt0r »

You know you can pay someone to fix that problem for ya...No, not a hitman! Though, those guys are always fun. Hire a Private Investigator! Though those guys can get expensive after a while. So if you're wanting to do something more on the cheaper side of things, compartively speaking, grab one of these guys! Zoombak Pick one of those guys up and the service plan for around $160USD all together. The thing has a five day battery life on it or a 150 location requests. You can build an additional battery pack for it for around 30-40 bucks that will add another 5-10days.

Just monitor his movements to see if there is anywhere he's going where he shouldn't. If he gets to close you can always hire the PI to prove it and have him nailed to cross or get 'creative'. Not suggesting anything...
-H3xT0r
kateCapshaw wrote:The moment somebody says to me, "This is very risky," is the moment it becomes attractive to me.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Not a bad idea, but to put that on his car I would be breaking the order myself.
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
h3xt0r

Post by h3xt0r »

MrMazda92 wrote:Not a bad idea, but to put that on his car I would be breaking the order myself.
That's what friends are for!
-H3xT0r

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”