Dropping rear subframe as one whole unit?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Dropping rear subframe as one whole unit?

Post by MrMazda92 »

I remember seeing it done on ClubProtege I believe(with an MX-3 subframe), but I haven't been able to find that thread or any others with adequate details.

The rear end of my car is still far from where I'd like it to be, and while she's off the road I plan to strip and powdercoat everything, install poly bushings, and install my SRD tiebar and whiteline swaybar. It'll be nice getting it all done at once, where I can see what may need replacing ahead of time.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
marcdh

Re: Dropping rear subframe as one whole unit?

Post by marcdh »

Take the 4 bolts that bolt the struts to the spindle off.
Take the 2 trailing arm bolts.
Disconnect handbrake cables from brakes and trailing arm.
Disconnect brake lines and fuel tank gas evap hose thing.
Then I think its just 4 bolts keeping the whole lot on.

I took it off with 4 arms, sway bar, subframe, spindles and brakes etc attached. Probably best cracking off as many bolts as possible when attached to car.
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Thank you! :D

For the trailing arms, is the bolt locked in on the back side, or will it spin freely with a single wrench? Also, do you mean the forward bolts or the rears for the trailing arm?
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
DueceMcCracken
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by DueceMcCracken »

MrMazda92 wrote:Thank you! :D

For the trailing arms, is the bolt locked in on the back side, or will it spin freely with a single wrench? Also, do you mean the forward bolts or the rears for the trailing arm?

The nut is captive via being boxed around at the frame. So one wrench to remove, I suggest pb blaster ahead of time. I had one in the junkyard skip the box and become near impossible to remove without destroying some sheet metal around it. Not fun.
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by RobMinhas »

Well this is convenient, the exact info I needed but was too lazy to search haha.

Just commenting so Ic an find it easily.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”