Master Cylinder

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Syeemx3
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Master Cylinder

Post by Syeemx3 »

So i replaced the power brake booster and master cylinder. Bleeding the master cylinder and it was leaking fluid out the back of the brake booster running down firewall. Brand new MS too. i was useing a hose kit to 1 man bleed it. is it leaking because the hoses in the resavoir are stopping the flapper thing in there from moveing up and down when i hit the peddle ya think?
wednesdayslatest
antispam: No

Re: Master Cylinder

Post by wednesdayslatest »

well im not sure what engine you have but bleeding brakes is relatively simple i have got a whole new brake system in my car except the master cylinder

you need two people theres no way around that have someone press the brakes you pump pump pump and then hold then bleed then tighten then pump pump pump hold then bleed then tighten you cant do that by yourself

when you bleed it out you are looking for a steady stream with no air bubbles once you got that then your good thats how you bleed all 4 and the clutch

if the fluid is black then you need to replace somthing like the clutch slave or clutch master but as for the brakes you need to do one at a time and make sure the brake res has enough fluid to flow through or else youll be spending quite a lot of time doing that

also if you change your brake pads take off your res cap then use the c clamp to push the caliper piston back in and the pressure will just flow backwards and no need to bleed. as for the rear tthough im not sure there is a way around that all i know is i dont have to worry because i have all new bleeders and calipers new brake lines too and hoses

i never heard of a hose stopping fluid and this flapper thing your talking about is inside the brake master and clutch master and if they need to be changed because it will lose pressure also the black in the fluid will be because of that rubber on the inside of them when theyre brand new ease it nice and slowly since its dry and once you put the fluid it will get lubricated if your pumping it dry it could tear somthing on the inside as the fact that its rubber

the res just goes on top of the master and there is a hose on the side that leads to the clutch at least for mine

im not sure what this brake booster is i have a 93 RS SOHC so maybe mine doesnt have it or i havnt replaced it yet who knows hope this helps you though
03 Dodge Neon (rental i had for a month but i ran that into the ground for sure)
95 Chrysler Concorde (Junked my first car [still ran])
90 Nissan Stanza (Junked [wouldnt start one day])
89 Saab 9000 CD (sedan/turbo very fun but electrical problems[city towed away for no plates on private property])
94 Toyota Camry (mothers old car fixed it then broke it[dont ask] Junked)
93 MX-3 RS (My project for 3 years so far)
97 Honda Civshit (Beater/Stereotypical POS Honda im fixing)
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Your car has a brake booster, the master cylinder is mounted to it.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

If fluid is leaking from the back of master cylinder, you got a faulty master cylinder. You need to replace it. Be sure to bench bleed it before installing it on the car.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
wednesdayslatest
antispam: No

Post by wednesdayslatest »

RobMinhas wrote:Your car has a brake booster, the master cylinder is mounted to it.

i have to check that out thanks i didnt know
03 Dodge Neon (rental i had for a month but i ran that into the ground for sure)
95 Chrysler Concorde (Junked my first car [still ran])
90 Nissan Stanza (Junked [wouldnt start one day])
89 Saab 9000 CD (sedan/turbo very fun but electrical problems[city towed away for no plates on private property])
94 Toyota Camry (mothers old car fixed it then broke it[dont ask] Junked)
93 MX-3 RS (My project for 3 years so far)
97 Honda Civshit (Beater/Stereotypical POS Honda im fixing)

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”