Saskatoon KLZE?

Manitoba / Saskatchewan Mx-3 owners and surrounding areas
Magnum
antispam: No

Saskatoon KLZE?

Post by Magnum »

I'm thinking of buying a MX-3 and doing a KLZE swap but would like to talk to someone who has done one and go for a ride. Anyone in the Saskatoon area that would like to help out a possible future MX-3 owner?
Newfie_dan

Re: Saskatoon KLZE?

Post by Newfie_dan »

There are a few of us here in saskatoon, myself included. I have not done the swap as of yet. I am waiting for my stock engine to die before I do it. In the meantime I know there are a few on here who have done it and are in saskatoon. I am a mechanic so if you need any advice feel free to ask. FYI get a pre 96 v6 mx3 if you are going to do the swap the comps are obd1 and make the swap easier for the computer side of things. All you need after that is a curved neck klze and the 2.5 vam (the vane airflow meter) & KL01 comp from a v6 probe or mx6, get that at affiliated they usually have a few kickin around out there. Get the comp chipped with a probinator chip and the swap is pretty much straightforward after that. ElectricEnergy is the other guy who is here in saskatoon besides me and I think there are maybe 1 or 2 more.
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

And me!!

My car is dieing slowly though.

If you have any questions, email me. I haven't actually done the swap, however I did everything else except the clutch and physically removing the motor.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
Newfie_dan

Post by Newfie_dan »

hey vanished I was wondering where you have been lol. I gotta work on my mx3 this upcoming weekend gotta swap out my coolant temp sensor for a new one. Resistance is way off i am hoping that fixes the wonky idle for me. Then come spring its off to paint for the old girl I am getting a free paint job from my body guy he owes me huge for rewiring the engine bay on his 95 626. We should setup a mx3 meet this spring maybe a coffee/cruise for the few of us sask mx3 owners.
shrooms258
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by shrooms258 »

i dont have the KLZE engine...i dont think so anyway... but i am in saskatoon and just got an mx3 (96 red 4cyl) anyone got any solutions to the wonky idle/ stalling at lights problem?
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Wrap duct tape and shoe goo around the accordion intake hose.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2

Return to “Manitoba / Saskatchewan Mx-3 Community”