New to Site and Mazdas

This section is for NEW members to introduce themselves.
vietnamvet
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

New to Site and Mazdas

Post by vietnamvet »

I am a Retired Army Master Sergeant with 20+ years of Helicopter experience. Since retirement, I have repaired, rebuilt and restored a number of American Cars including 64 Chevelle 2 Door Sport and 65 Mustang Fastback.

Recently I got involved with Grandson and repaired two Acura 3.0 CL's. That was my first challenge working on Japanese Cars. Progressed to a Old Civic and a 1995 Honda Del Sol. At this point I think I have may have overdone it and at my age, 74, I am almost totally frustrated. The newest car is the source of my frustration.

My second oldest Grandson decided that he wanted a 5 Speed manual Tranny Car rather than the Del Sol ( Auto). Needless to say, I decided to get him one and that is how I arrived Here.

By the way, Kudo's and Thanks to site manager for allowing me to sign up.

The car I purchased was from a 72 year old Lady who had bought the car new i.e., one owner car with 160K miles. She also provided me with every piece of paper related to repairs, services and tires. The most significant item I received is the original Window Sticker when the car was sold.

I AM NOW THE SEMI-PROUD OWNER OF A 1994 MAZDA MX-3 GS.

My frustration at this point leads me to believe tha MAYBE (It wasn't a great deal). Don't get me wrong, the car has a 2' x 2" blemish behind drivers door and the Toneau Cover under the Hatch Back was broken a few years ago and discarded. Hopefully I can find one. The car runs excellent but I have a few questions related to the exhaust system (pre-cats) and High HC and Nox during California SMOG. The car was last registered for 2016 and has sat in a covered garage since that time..

Enough of a introduction at this point. Over the next few days, I will try to post all my questions. The answers of course, will relieve my frustration and get the car don much sooner.

My Grandson, who joined the Marines 9 month ago, is stationed at 29 Palms and is anxious to get this car.

Until the next time, Have a Nice Day.
projectB10
Supporting Member

Re: New to Site and Mazdas

Post by projectB10 »

Hi.

I am glad you found us here. Not much day to day activity these days but perhaps the accumulated posts are of some use.

Good luck with your project with your grandson.

Chris
Eunos Presso HI-XS, KLZE, KL47 IM+TB, MX6 LSD box OEM front s/bar, Outlaw IM+TB thermalbloks, lightened K801 fly, XTD Stage 3 clutch & cover balanced to f/wheel, mbolin tranny saver , short shifter, SRD shifter bushings- H&R Springs and Koni inserts, MSpeed engine mounts, SS brake and clutch lines, PRM CAI, Whiteline rear strut and swaybar, 7x17 Konig/Maxxim Fourteen rims, and stuff.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

There is facebook group for mx-3 owners
https://www.facebook.com/groups/10297867052/
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Yep... still an excellent source for info, FB is just awful for searching.
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog

Return to “Introduction Forum”