Broke Bleeder Screw

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Jovian2k
Supporting Member

Broke Bleeder Screw

Post by Jovian2k »

Went to bleed my brakes yesterday with Mightvac and everything was going well bled the 2 drum's with no problem it worked like a charm but when I got to PS caliper I broke the damn bleed screw off! :x I even used PB blast because I knew it might be rusted but obviously didn't work. Luckily it broke closed but I can't bleed the line now! I couldn't even crack the DS caliper bleed screw either. I know I can replace the bleed screws (Just above $4 for pack of 10 on rockauto.com) or get speedbleeders but the end of the broke bleed screw is in there so tight not even penetrating oil and some tight vice grips would make it budge. Can eventually just replace the caliper's inexpensively (and paint them at them at the same time) but anyone have any other advice? I would love to get front GS calipers/discs and rear disc swap but that will be in the future.
1993 BlacknBronz RS BP-T/ MTX Swapped!
Worklog
For Sale Thread
Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Broke Bleeder Screw

Post by Sleeper6 »

At this point you can drill and tap them for an oversized bleeder, otherwise if theres enough of a tip left Ive had good luck heating the caliper backside with a torch and cooling it for few cycles before braking them loose
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Broke Bleeder Screw

Post by mitmaks »

Could try an easy-out or reverse drill bit.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”