hot etest (hamilton and area)

Mazda Mx-3 Owners in Eastern Canada.
BritGT

hot etest (hamilton and area)

Post by BritGT »

I have a klze curveneck installed on my 93 probe gt, and its running healthy but there is very little chance of it passing a etest as curvenecks have no egr and i have a high flow cat, now if asked about the hot rod etest and both clean air and a garage have told me that because its the same displacement it cant be classed as a hot rod.
I'm not a "dodgy" bloke by any means but it seems that there is no way to pass a etest throught the proper channels and i need one asap, so if you know anyone who can do this in the hammilton area or surrounding please pm me.
thanks
Muzzled

Re: hot etest (hamilton and area)

Post by Muzzled »

guys right.... mx-3ers can get away with it in canada because the 2.5 dont come as a factory option...
92, Gs-Ze. KL31 motor/curve neck IM, Cai,Chipped ecu,awr mounts,clutchmasters stage 2 "R",
Se interior,Wrap around spoiler, oem full sides and MS front bumper :)
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Sorry but the diplacement in cc's has nothing to do with it. Go to the Dealership and tell them you have a KLZE not a KLDE in your car. The car never came with a ZE and that's the criteria. The service manager should then write you a short letter on company letter head stating this. Have the E test facility photo copy this letter for their records, don't give them the original.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

September 16 2008
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “Eastern Canada MX-3 Community”