Donate to the MX-3.com Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 01 2020, 5:02 AM

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Who would be interested in a pick up only MX3 Parts sale? 

Post Who would be interested in a pick up only MX3 Parts sale?
Well, I've not been on here much lately, and it's not because I have not wanted to be. Been busy! Getting married in a month+, bought a house, and have been working on that and my other cars.

Sadly, the MX3 has sat the whole time :(

I AM NOT GETTING RID OF IT!

Well, I AM getting rid of 1 of them. I have excess parts galore, and would like to try to clear up some space in my garage as I currently have 2 mx3s in there, one on blocks (project) and one that I would like to part out.

I have a mostly complete car to part out, including engine, tranny and interior. I do not know yet what exactly I will be keeping, but before I go through the process of cataloging the parts pile, I want to know the interest in a "parts party" at my house. I figure people can come over and wrench whatever they want off of the car for decent prices. I'm not looking to get rich here, but I would like to make a little money to help fund my project :)

I am not interested in shipping at this time. Been working 10-12 hour days and do not have the time for it (which is why I have not been on here much).

I live outside of Albany, NY area. If enough people are interested, I can grill up some food, and provide beer and you can drive your rides down! Heck, we can turn this into a MEET if we can get enough people. I think it would be really cool. Don't know if we'd have the time to organize something like that for this year, but we could try for the spring.

Anyway, I will have mostly free weekends in November, and that is when I'd like to do this - that or wait til spring.

Thoughts??

August 23 2011, 8:45 PM

Post Re: Who would be interested in a pick up only MX3 Parts sale
November? Theres gonna be like 6' of snow!

August 23 2011, 9:07 PM
Profile WWW

Shh - I can hope!

You might be right though, I had forgotten our northern brethren experience colder temps / snow before the lower parts of the state.

Well, would people be interested in this for the spring? After the white blanket has melted???

August 23 2011, 9:13 PM

How bout right now? Farmington aint that far away, heck maybe even talk Nos92 and aaron into it as well :wink:

August 23 2011, 9:18 PM

Haha, with the wedding coming up soon i do not have much time left! I could make a weekend of it in mid september, but would not be able to prep much before then.

What specifically are you looking for?

August 23 2011, 9:26 PM
Supporting Member

wow, this sounds like me! I'm getting married in may, bought a house, have two mx-3's and am parting out one, while the other is getting rebuilt, while working ten hour days, it's super crunch time for you! I have at least a fewmore months left of happiness. You my friend, don't!

She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread

August 24 2011, 12:07 AM

You have any aftermarket stuff on it? Regardless I may even just come down for the hell of it :P

August 24 2011, 12:24 AM

Yes Kris, I definitely feel like I'm getting old and I'm not quite 26 yet!

Nearly 1 entire mx3 gs stock parts. Minimal rust on frame/parts on car, but body is damaged on rear passenger quarter panel due to hitting a guide rail a few years back on an icy road Car still drove fine, but I decided to start with a fresh frame. Needless to say, the rear bumper is broken.

Extra Wheels & Snow tires
(Steel wheels, stock honeycomb, american racing rims, snow tires and summer tires)
Stock Tails & Headlights
All stock suspension parts
Wiring harnesses
Brakes (brembo blanks, hawk pads (3-5k miles?)
ZX2 S/R struts (used, 20k miles?)
Spare moonroofs
MSD blaster stuff
Hatch w/ glass
Window motors / switches
Full custom leather interior (would not let this go for pennies, cost me almost 1k, but thinking I might want to redo with the 92 seats...see worklog for what it is) prob be willing to sell for $750 or so.
JL 12W3V3 w/ box
JL Monoblock 250
JL 250/2 amp
Polk MOMO speakers

etc.

I haven't touched the stuff in awhile, so this is off the top of my head. I don't know if I will be getting rid of the mazdaspeed replica front bumper yet and looking for a euro one, or fixing the slight crack in the fiberglass.

I have someone interested in wheels and brakes so far, I will come up with prices when I move everything to the for sale section.

August 24 2011, 6:28 AM
Supporting Member

wow, this sounds like my car setup! Are you my strange brother from an other mother? 25? check. car setup with MS replica bumper? check. cracked? check. Polk momo's? check. zx2 struts? check. Extra blaster? check. Total of 3 moonroofs? check. After we get married, will you be our couple friend? :P

And buy my euro bumper if you're so wanting to have one!

She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread

August 24 2011, 9:53 AM

Wish my car was road worthy, would be sweet to take the mx over that way. What year is this car, I think I may be in the market for a new wiring harness. 4 wheel disk? Might be interested in those as well...

August 24 2011, 10:50 AM
Profile WWW
Supporting Member

I know you mentioned shipping being a problem, but I'd wait 3 or 4 months for a guaranteed buy on a leather stitched SE shift knob :lol:

'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL, 67mm TB, MegaSquirt, Coilpacks, 5 lugs, Speed6 brakes, FD wheels, wiretuck, progressive coilovers, shorty headers w/ custom collector, AEM WB, 2.5" straight, Borla XS
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc

August 31 2011, 4:47 AM
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]