Donate to the MX-3.com Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 12 2019, 10:08 AM

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Daninski needs a new name 
Supporting Member

Post Re: Daninski needs a new name
Daninski wrote:
Ya and she also likes to kick Ferry operator a*s. lol

Ya and he never said a peep to me either after we loaded onto the ferry...LMAO

Daninski wrote:
Deb I'm not happy with your "ugly" statment. I've always thought you were rather cute, when your not giving me hell. :)

Oh I was just joking around..............I know I'm old(er) than the rest and that I'm not drop dead gorgeous....rather cute huh.............thanks!

DEB

May 20 2010, 9:26 AM
Profile YIM
Supporting Member

Dan, Daninski fits you. I agree on that bit! Jesse got it right, own your name.

I do somewhat regret making mine MrMazda92, simply because it doesn't carry over very well to other forums. I like some level of uniformity on that, you know? I made my ProbeTalk, MX-6, and UK-MX3 names Bane92 because it's a little less specific, and I've used it for other things before.

If I had gone with a name I own, it'd have to be Blakeness or EgoBane. Blakeness is silly, but it's a nickname I carried for nearly a decade, and the other... well I go out of my way to bruise people's egos once in a while. It depends on the situation, but if people have an overinflated opinion of themself... I don't mind putting a few pin pricks in it.

Rail'N'Bale or RailerBaler would work too if I felt like explaining it, idk.

Either way, if you go for a new name... I'll still call you Dan. ;D

Ohhhh, and when I hear certain jokes I always think "He pulled a Daninski", your name is a good fit, and people are familiar with it.

'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL, 67mm TB, MegaSquirt, Coilpacks, 5 lugs, Speed6 brakes, FD wheels, wiretuck, progressive coilovers, shorty headers w/ custom collector, AEM WB, 2.5" straight, Borla XS
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc

December 26 2010, 4:20 AM

MrMazda92 wrote:
I do somewhat regret making mine MrMazda92, simply because it doesn't carry over very well to other forums. I like some level of uniformity on that, you know? I made my ProbeTalk, MX-6, and UK-MX3 names Bane92 because it's a little less specific, and I've used it for other things before.

Indeed, I kinda laugh at those who use specific cars in their name, or even model and year. As per yours, what would happen if you have to get rid if your Mx-3, and you got a 1993? Lol. The specific one that sticks out for me is "Tropical Emerald 1993", it's like he's got the only 1993 tropical emerald Mx-3 that exists, lol.

MrMazda92 wrote:
Ohhhh, and when I hear certain jokes I always think "He pulled a Daninski", your name is a good fit, and people are familiar with it.

Lol, so true. Could pretty much call it a Daninski-ism. ;)

I would say people really should find something more suiting, but people just register and do something quick and easy. It's easy to say to do that when you're a nerd and spend alot of time on the Internet. Not everyone that comes here is computer savy. Myself, in my pre-Intenet days (for those who remember the old Dial-In Bulletin Board System) I couldn't figure out a name and my buddy came up with 'Cozmo' for me. Used that until I got online, used Nd4Spd at first, but the users on the NFS message boards thought I was from EA, so I changed it to Nd4SpdSe. The funny thing is this is way before I even had my beginners license. It happened to be the perfect name for the culmination of my passion for cars, racing video games, computers and electronics, and it's unique to me

2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

December 26 2010, 3:39 PM
Profile ICQ WWW
Supporting Member

Umm, thanks for the comments :D but I have to say it must of been a boring day if you had to revive this thread. :P

92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

December 26 2010, 4:02 PM
Supporting Member

Ahh, the 92 bit I can live with. I would go out of my way for another '92, and if I found a perfect '93... I'd put '92 badges on it anyway, I like the diamond. It's even more different, not that having an MX-3 isn't unusual enough ;D I just wish it was a bit more ambiguous.

Dan,

I didn't even notice how old this was, I remember it from when it was first posted... fail ;(

'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL, 67mm TB, MegaSquirt, Coilpacks, 5 lugs, Speed6 brakes, FD wheels, wiretuck, progressive coilovers, shorty headers w/ custom collector, AEM WB, 2.5" straight, Borla XS

December 27 2010, 6:35 PM
Supporting Member

No fail, it gave me my 5 secs of fame again. :P

92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

December 27 2010, 6:50 PM
Supporting Member

Daninski wrote:
No fail, it gave me my 5 secs of fame again. :P

Oops, I pulled a Daninski :lol: :wink:

January 04 2011, 2:59 AM
Supporting Member

Ha. Time to close this thread I think. lol

92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

January 04 2011, 8:21 AM
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3