Donate to the MX-3.com Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 21 2019, 10:44 AM

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Found a good body man in saskatoon 

Post Found a good body man in saskatoon
ok guys I found a excellent body guy in saskatoon who works out of his garage and does rust repairs for a really good price. I had him repair the rust on my car and he did an excellent job and he went above and beyond what I expected for what I paid him. So if you need a good body guy go see Mike at mike's autobody his number is 306-651-6120. I highly recommend him and just tell him that Dan the mechanic sent you there and he will make sure you get the same treatment that I got. Most body shops wanted $1300-2000 for the work with me supplying the sheet metal, he did the same work for $600 and actually welded in the metal and coated it with undercoat. So if you need work done go see him.

August 30 2009, 1:21 PM
Profile WWW

Post Re: Found a good body man in saskatoon
post some before/after pics

Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

August 30 2009, 1:26 PM
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

unfortunately I did not get any before pics, short of those on my cardomain site just after I bought the car, never thought about it. I will get some after pics posted once we get moved into our house we bought on tuesday so by friday I should have some pics. The rusted out parts were 6.5" of the front rockers, basically where the fender covers the rocker plus a few inches back, were totally gone on the bottom, the lower front sections of both fenders in that same area and a few twoonie sized holes about mid ways back the drivers side and 3/4 the way back on the passenger side as well at that typical rust at the rear wheel wells at the rear corner of each side. I had a replacement driver's fender but he fabbed the whole rusted out area of the passenger side for me without charging me a cent more plus filled some dents for me on top of the rust repair so I was quite happy with him.

August 30 2009, 8:04 PM
Profile WWW

Thanks ALOT my car is currently going red underneath so im wanting to squash the bug before it becomes a big hassle.
Minor side point: is there any way to remove the rear quarterpanels without cutting or harming the rest of the body?

April 22 2010, 8:11 PM
Supporting Member

You need to drill out the spot welds then cut about an inch up the sides. That will just you an area to weld (or glue) the new panels to. Most shops fabricate them. I looked and no place seems to exist to buy them pre made.

Dan most shops won't weld now because of insurance. The price he charged you was great. just to have one quarter panel fabricated and installed is at least $350. You did good Grasshopper.

92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

April 22 2010, 8:26 PM

thanks a bunch.
and could sombody plz tell me where to find the 4wheel abs sensor ive poked proded and asked my mech and even he cant find it.

April 22 2010, 11:03 PM

im also assuming glue is just a quick fix and shouldent be used as a permanint solution.
is there anything else i should do to combat rust while i have the pannel off?
(sorry for the newb questions im just not a body guy)

April 22 2010, 11:05 PM

actually gluing them on is standard practice these days and if its done right its just as strong as a weld. coat it with some rust killer while its off if they are gonna glue it on, otherwise just clean the rust off then once its welded on remove the door sill and soak it with rust check down in the slotted holes.

April 26 2010, 10:37 PM
Profile WWW

ya those holes in the bottom of the door are a pain and rusted to all hell. this problem blew both of my tweeters

May 02 2010, 11:00 PM
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]