Donate to the MX-3.com Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 17 2019, 9:09 PM

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Autocross 

Post Autocross
Well, I went to my first autoX meet today. Damn that was fun. You guys shoulda been there.

I definitely need more practice. I knocked over lots of cones. I am very happy with the mx-3s handling though. Very over steer happy for a front wheel drive car.

I think I need to get some good racing tires too. These all seasons don't get much traction.

I think one of my friends got some good pictures of my car on the track. I'll try to get them posted up here soon.

May 07 2007, 12:24 AM

Pictures just got uploaded. Check them out here:

http://forum.ssccracing.org/viewtopic.php?t=4041

I'm about 3/4 the way down the page. I didn't do very well, came in 21st out of 27. But I managed to shave at least a couple seconds off my time during the fun runs once I got used to it. So I'll probably do better next time.

I definitely encourage you guys to come to a few meets. It is a blast!

May 08 2007, 5:30 PM
Supporting Member

I didn't do very well, came in 21st out of 27. But I managed to shave at least a couple seconds off my time during the fun runs once I got used to it.

Your time isn't important. The fact that your time went down is. That's why it's called Solo. Considering you're a novice using a fairly underpowered car I'd say you did pretty well.

May 08 2007, 6:57 PM

I actually felt that my car had enough power for the course we were on. I don't think a whole bunch more acceleration would have made as big of a difference as some good tires and suspension setup.

May 08 2007, 7:17 PM
Supporting Member

some good tires and suspension setup.

:P

May 08 2007, 7:37 PM

Good lord, it looks like you are about to flip over. :lol:
Some newer shocks should help. I love the AutoX too. This is also my first year and I'm doing my second track this Saturday. Grats and drag as many of the Canook MXers with you as you can. The tech inspector told me last time "Damn, there has been a MX-3 explosion this year, what are there like 5 of you now". There are probably more MX-3s in the Atlanta region SCCA now then any other car, thanks in whole to all us MOCA members driving at them, hehehe.

ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

May 08 2007, 11:11 PM
Supporting Member

:)

May 09 2007, 12:34 AM
Profile WWW

Hehe, yep it is. I obviously can't take credit for it... I don't actually know who took it. :p

Struts are on the shopping list. My new springs should be here on Friday. I wish I could put them in right away but its going to be a while until my struts get here.

I think that picture was taken about a millisecond before I spun out, I took that slalom WAY too fast. :D

I am definitely addicted now, I'm really looking forward to the next meet. Its on the 15th for all you local guys. Vanished! I expect you to be there. See if all that extra power does you any good. ;)

May 09 2007, 2:08 AM

It won't. AtlMX3 has 120 crank HP and beats jaydog5678 who has a 300 WHP BP-t. lol- we rag him hard for loosing to a MX w/ half his power and less suspension work.

ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

May 09 2007, 11:40 AM

Haha, I bet 300whp is kinda hard to control on a tight course like in solo2.

May 09 2007, 2:58 PM

Oh yah! I'll be there....my suspension should keep me a head of you, but you've got more experience. I expect to be terrible the first couple runs, but i hope not hahaha. May 15th, i'll be there...new tire rod and and control arm with bushings need to be in first. Can't wait.

Oh, ikiller pic by the way.

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2

May 09 2007, 5:04 PM

I did pretty crappy on my first tries.... Spun out on 3 of 7 runs. But I can already tell that my overall driving skill has improved. It really helps you get an idea of exactly what your car is capable of.

We should meet up an hour or two before the event to get the cars ready and such. You have to ramp the tire pressure way up to avoid wrecking them.

May 10 2007, 1:53 AM

Another meet tomorrow night (May 15). If anyone is interested

May 15 2007, 12:41 AM

What do you put the pressure at? I run 35psi b/c the air temp in the tires will get much hotter and expand, making more pressure. You can also chalk the tire edge to make sure you are getting a full contact patch without any sidewall roll. I think I migh try that at the next event in June.

May 15 2007, 1:28 AM

UGH i really want to go but i need a control arm and an alignment...ugh.

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2

May 15 2007, 1:45 AM
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next