Donate to the MX-3.com Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 12 2020, 9:38 AM

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Just need some clarification 

Post Just need some clarification
Because my MX 3 is a 94 model would it have the OBD1 scanner port? and if so, is the "diagnosis" box behind the battery in my engine bay where the port is located??
i got a check engine light and can't seem to pinpoint the problem, so i am going to borrow a friends scanner but i need to know where the port is

thank you

June 16 2010, 1:46 AM
Supporting Member

Post Re: Just need some clarification
Yes, that is the port. And you don't need a scanner, just a jumper wire (paper clip). Search on the forum for the procedure.

Feedback Thread

June 16 2010, 1:50 AM

alright thanks

found out its "Cam Position"
i am completely lost on that, is my cam not in the right position?? and if so how can i fix that? keeping in mind i have very few tools sorry for seeming like a complete newb but that kind of stuff i havent learned about quite yet

June 16 2010, 7:13 PM
Supporting Member

NateBaden wrote:
alright thanks

found out its "Cam Position"
i am completely lost on that, is my cam not in the right position?? and if so how can i fix that? keeping in mind i have very few tools sorry for seeming like a complete newb but that kind of stuff i havent learned about quite yet

Cam position sensor is integrated into your distributor. Not sure if it's replaceable without replacing the whole distributor.

Feedback Thread

June 16 2010, 8:49 PM

is it s V6 or a 4 banger?
The V6 have 2 Cam sensors.Oone in the distributor and one at the crank. IIRC there are two different codes (one for each) so you know which one is bad. If I am wrong though, you will need a mechanic to tell you which one is bad since the electrical tool to test it is expensive.
The four banger only has one in the disty so that makes it a bit easier to tell. Also, I think you can buy just the sensor for the disty. However, that would require you to gut and replace it, and it does not sound like you have the skill for that just yet.

ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

June 17 2010, 4:04 PM

its the V6
i could gut it and replace it but i have absolutely no tools

and my buddy scanned it for me and it came up as "Cam Position... Right Sensor"

and i can't seem to find out which sensor that is.. if you could help me out i would REALLY appreciate it, this is my only vehicle that can be driven right now, i have an auto civic but the damn thing wont start and its not registered at the moment

July 11 2010, 4:59 PM

i dont have a clue on these sensors. but im having the same problem.. Right sensor too... anndddddd. screw your honda dude. sell that junk and you could buy your self some tools.

http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77160

July 31 2010, 11:14 AM

Oh yes, everything that I hated when I needed to change my O2S. I changed all the wrong page at a time and was scracthing my head, WTF!? Then I felt a bit silly, having found that I was on the wrong side happens to the best of us. I will find common questions on this issue CEL and send in the first, I will keep it updated so people do not miss it.

August 04 2010, 1:07 PM
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]