Donate to the MX-3.com Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 05 2020, 6:44 AM

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 ABS light won't turn off HELP please 

Post ABS light won't turn off HELP please
I need major Help as my abs light will not turn off it just stays on constantly, I have tried to pull codes by grounding and following instructions I have found elsewhere and on this site but with no joy I just can't seem to get it to flash codes. I am open to anything as long as it works and clears the fault as my MOT is due in ten days.

May 11 2010, 5:54 AM

Post Re: ABS light won't turn off HELP please
Have you tried this guide?

If you have, and have got no codes/flashes signal at all, then perhaps yours ABS ECU found under the passenger seat is dead. Check all fuses related to ABS are ok, if so it may be worth changing the ABS ECU. You should get one for next to nothing from breaker/scrapyard as they never sell because they rarely break.

May 11 2010, 6:06 AM
Profile WWW

Thanks for the reply I have tried that guide several times with no luck. I have just replaced the abs ecu also with no luck and I am now completely and utterly stuck as to what it could be. I don't want to have to take it to the Mazda dealership as I have a feeling it will cost through the roof just for a diagnostic check. If anyone has any more ideas then they are more than welcome.

May 11 2010, 9:06 AM

The ABS light will also light in a low charging voltage condition. Check your alternator.

2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

May 11 2010, 9:16 AM

my alternator seems to be working fine as it keeps the battery charged without a problem and i know this because the only time i have had a dead battery is when i left the lights on overnight but it would be much appreciated if you could expand on what you mean by low charging voltage situation and how to check it i will be very gratefull.

May 11 2010, 9:28 AM

http://www.mx-3.com/manuals/showimg.php ... /G-009.gif

This page in the manual describes how to test the output of the charging system. This happened to me a couple of years ago. My ABS light came on and I had no idea why. ABS was still working and everything seemed fine. A little while later the charge light came on. I replaced the brushes in my alternator and both lights went out.

This page...http://www.mx-3.com/manuals/showimg.php ... /P-052.gif describes the ABS warning light troubleshooting procedure.

2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

May 11 2010, 10:18 AM
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]