Donate to the MX-3.com Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 12 2019, 7:52 AM

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 PLEASE HELP WITH REAR DEFROST 

Post PLEASE HELP WITH REAR DEFROST
hi i just signed up to this site and i just recently bought a 94 4 cyl ohc mx3 the rear defrost plates wich connect to the window and they have wires attatched to them came off (both of them) and i tried the repair kit and that didnt work cuz the adhesive stayed watery and never set. i ended up tucking the metal tabs so they are partially on the grid and tucked into a piece of plastic next to it on the hatch....that worked for a little while but now it is not working completely except for the button i push it and the light comes on and it also makes that clicking sound behind the gauge some might know what i am saying....but if you have any ideas please help me out.

December 04 2005, 2:26 AM
BANNED Member

Did you check the "defog" fuse in the engine bay?

December 04 2005, 2:46 AM

well the front defrost works still...but yea i didnt know what to actually look at on the fuse cus its a little different then the others.

December 04 2005, 2:48 AM
BANNED Member

The front defrost isn't electrical heat. Check the fuse - I think its about 40A. If that fuse is blown the controls (relay and indicator light) will still work but you won't be getting power to the rear grid.

December 04 2005, 2:52 AM

i put a new fuse in the engine bay. the 40 amp. didnt do anything

December 07 2005, 8:04 PM
BANNED Member

Grab a multimeter or test light and check for 12V at the plugs that go to the demister grid. Positive is one side of the car, negative the other. You probably have to have the ignition on to get power.

If you have 12 volts at the plugs, the fault can then only be either the joint to the glass or the grid itself.

December 07 2005, 10:30 PM
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]