Donate to the MX-3.com Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 08 2020, 12:04 AM

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 what year did they start having chipped keys 

Post what year did they start having chipped keys
I`m on the look out for a immobilser for P reg v6 mx-3 ( mines died).
i`m after one from a breakers yard, question is what year did they start having the chipped keys & immobilser. I know the J reg ones dont have them, if you have say a L reg that does need a chipped key, could you let me know..................

April 30 2006, 10:58 AM

Mines a M reg, and no chipped key here. Ive got a cobra alarm/immobilizer.
Is there no way you could add a after market imobilizer to override the mazda one??
Ive got 2 massive genuine mazda manuals on the mx-3. ( big fat red ones from ebay ) Ill have a look to see if theres any wiring info ?
Have you checked the online manual ??
On mitsubishi and a renault i had the the immobilizer was built into the ecu, dont know if mazda did the same ??

2.5 Ze straight neck, blitz intake, mazdaspeed engine mounts, fidenza flywheel, CM II Clutch, KL-36 ecu, Magnecor 8mm Leads, Battery Relocation. Hotshot headers, 2.5 mandrel bent stainless exhaust, hi-flow cat, Speed hut dials, custom coilover set up. Custom willwood big brake conversion.

April 30 2006, 3:56 PM
Profile WWW

Looks like they only fitted them from 96 onwards.............just my luck.The immobilser is fitted under the centre consul near the ECU.

Theres a shed load of wires attatched to the immobiliser, so bypassing it looks very difficult.
I`m guessing my problem is the thing that reads the chip in the key ( located around the ignition switch).

This cars being a right pain..............

May 01 2006, 3:54 AM

All cars are a pain in the arse at some point in there life, :D
all the immobilizer is, is a relay switch which isolates a key part of the ignition, so if you can find the wires that it is switching its just a case of cut and join, ( fingers crossed )
With VW theres a code you can input if you loose your key, by turning ignition on/off in sequence with the code, this deactivates the chip reader, but if such a thing existed i expect mazda would have told you.
I let you know if i find anything.

2.5 Ze straight neck, blitz intake, mazdaspeed engine mounts, fidenza flywheel, CM II Clutch, KL-36 ecu, Magnecor 8mm Leads, Battery Relocation. Hotshot headers, 2.5 mandrel bent stainless exhaust, hi-flow cat, Speed hut dials, custom coilover set up. Custom willwood big brake conversion.

May 01 2006, 1:36 PM
Profile WWW

Yes there is a code. Mazda take the number off the immobilser & that generates a key code on there computer, which they code on your key............the cost £140.

Well its been to mazda & they say its not responding to the code & they have phoned mazda technical support who told them to do a full immobiliser check. The current bill was £180 & any futher work was going to cost £65 ph + parts. Not going to pay anymore to mazda............I hooked it up & towed it home.

May 01 2006, 3:44 PM

May 02 2006, 1:08 PM
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]