Donate to the MX-3.com Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 03 2020, 1:34 PM

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Hello to you all and help........ 

Post Hello to you all and help........
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello everyone as i am new to these forums after recently buying an mx-3. RIght went to visit some friends recently and on the was home Got a loss of power and a change in the exhust note on the car. It is au.k. 1995 V6 mx-3. After getting home i removed a spark plug to find oil all over it and in the chamber. It has also happened to the spark plug opposite so the problem is with the two plugs on the left hand side of the engine. I haven't been able to source any for of technical manual for the car yet so I have some questions...
1) does anybody know of a haynes manual or something similar which contains information for the v6 engine in the mx-3?
2) Anybody any suggestions as to what the problem could be ( i'm guessing the gasket seals have gone and are leaking oil into the plugs and thats stopping them from firing, hence the loss of power) .... any help would be greatly appreciated... many thanks.. Dave.

March 13 2006, 3:38 PM
Profile WWW

That would me my first guess too. Change the valve cover gaskets and plugs and see what it feels like.
Haynes did make a manual for the MX-3, but they can be hard to find new. However, there is a electronic Mazda manual on the first page of MX-3.com under the Tech section on the right side. It is the best you could get, but you can't take it out to the car with you ;)

ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

March 13 2006, 4:07 PM

cheers for that... yeah the laptop+ wireless allows me to look at the pages whilst working on the car..
thanks again.. Dave.

March 13 2006, 5:55 PM
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]