Donate to the MX-3.com Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 08 2020, 1:04 AM

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Full service Includes doing what and at what Costs? 
Forum Moderator

Post Full service Includes doing what and at what Costs?
Just wondering,
How much people are paying for a full service, and what the full service includes?

I have had two quotes from different garages for the same service with all the same trimmings.
One of them asked £350 (saying; getting to the sparkplugs is difficult because you have to remove the manafold which takes quite a while)
The other garage says £95 Plus VAT.

Hmm, How is there such a large difference (Has VAT gone even higher LOL)

How much is every one else paying, and what gets done?

December 21 2005, 4:15 PM
Profile WWW

Umm dont need to touch the manifold to remove spark plugs and they are in no way difficult to remove so 1st one seems suspect.
The only thing ive noticed is parts are no that cheap think going rate for oil filter and air filter is about £11 each. Oil £25 ish. Sparks must be between £20-30. so thats £70 already and i rekon a good mechanic could easily do the lot in a hour £50 = £120 all in + any extras you want checked ( brakes, gear oil, battery, collant, brake, steering top up, fuel filter ).
As a electrician if someone asks me to do a job i really dont fancy i will just give them a over the top figure which is a bonus if they say yes !! suspect this maybe what 1st garage has done :P

2.5 Ze straight neck, blitz intake, mazdaspeed engine mounts, fidenza flywheel, CM II Clutch, KL-36 ecu, Magnecor 8mm Leads, Battery Relocation. Hotshot headers, 2.5 mandrel bent stainless exhaust, hi-flow cat, Speed hut dials, custom coilover set up. Custom willwood big brake conversion.

December 21 2005, 6:12 PM
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]