Donate to the MX-3.com Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 06 2020, 12:40 AM

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 MOT fail.... Help needed 

Post MOT fail.... Help needed
my car has just failed its MOT due to a 'misted' up plastic headlamp. the other side is glass. does anyone know where i can get a glass replacement for the plastic unit (at a decent price). or should i just try to polish the platic unit?

Also needs a new backbox.... and performance ones available 'off the shelf' in the UK

<small>[ March 25, 2004, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: [wolfman] ]</small>

March 25 2004, 12:24 PM
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

Post Re: MOT fail.... Help needed
I went to MAZDA recently and they told me for the full assembly it would cost roughly £300. Balls to that either find a scrappy or pollish.

I also found another place in the UK that could do both Glass headlight units for £175 + VAT. But I cant find the number any were. I found it by doing a search on google, it was a UK site that did parts for Jap cars. I had to send a query form to them and they got back to me the next day. Good Luck, sorry I cant find the add or the number.

March 25 2004, 5:32 PM
Profile WWW

spoke to mazda... they say they can do the headlamp minus the bulb and wiring for £198.89 inc VAT.

Looks like its the best option..... hate the look of plastic anyway.

now i just need to find a backbox..... or i may get powerflow to build me a cat back system, any preferences regarding the size of the pipe?

March 25 2004, 6:25 PM
Profile WWW

I had a plastic headlamp misted up on mine the plastic looked cloudy and yellow. I spent five min rubbing in some crome and metal polish and made as it clear as new. Halfords sell the crome and metal polish for a few quid. You wanna get a jap style backbox with slash cut tip, tailpipe size between 3-4.5". I had a stainless custom built by stealth motersport for £190.

Now gone: Autozam AZ-3(Jap spec MX-3). 91, 1498cc DOHC 120bhp as standard. Manual, A.C, 17" black chromes with 205/40/17. Stainless Steel Exhaust,Pipercross Filter, Eco-tek valve, Strut brace, Racing steering wheel.

March 27 2004, 9:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by AZ-3,1498cc,UK:
I had a plastic headlamp misted up on mine the plastic looked cloudy and yellow. I spent five min rubbing in some crome and metal polish and made as it clear as new. Halfords sell the crome and metal polish for a few quid. You wanna get a jap style backbox with slash cut tip, tailpipe size between 3-4.5". I had a stainless custom built by stealth motersport for £190.
Thanks for the help.... i have ordered my headlamp... should be here on tuesday, will be taking my car to powerflow on monday, to sort the exhaust, jap style 4" was what had in mind :) will also be looking into some new alloys when im there :)

March 28 2004, 10:29 AM
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

I was thinking of going there, but I have no idea how much they cost. Let us know how it goes? Where you from wolfman?

March 28 2004, 11:54 AM
Profile WWW

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeUK:
I was thinking of going there, but I have no idea how much they cost. Let us know how it goes? Where you from wolfman?
Im from Durham, A friend of mines father runs Tyre Spot, which is just about to open a styling and performace store (which includes a powerflow franchise)... so im calling in a few favours in exchange for sourcing him some suppliers, mite be distributing the Krazy Kustoms bodykits :)

If there is anything that you would like available in the UK, let me know.. and ill see if i can get them to sort it.

March 28 2004, 3:34 PM
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

Ive just mailed you mate.

March 28 2004, 6:52 PM
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]