Donate to the MX-3.com Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 18 2019, 7:40 PM

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 [GI] Throw reducing OEM shifter knobs (1¼") 
Supporting Member

Post Re: [GI] Throw reducing OEM shifter knobs (1¼")
Yeah, it's silly. I'm going to have to make a shift gate for it.
I sent yours back the day after I got it. For some reason, shipping across that border is much harder than anywhere else. I've shipped slim visors all over the world with no problems, but have had several problems with shipping to, and especially recieving from Canada.

'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan

February 12 2009, 1:45 AM
Profile WWW

yeah, i was 100% sure you had nothing to do with it, i've always hated shipping, because i have to wait, and possibly wait some more

February 12 2009, 1:47 AM

i recieved mine this morning, installed it 2 min ago, fits great!

it didn't cover the tapered part of the shifter like in your picture though, was there something special you did? i screwed it on as tight as i could and i got it about 25% or so down the tapered part, i actually can't get it off now XD

thanks jesse!

February 14 2009, 4:19 AM
Supporting Member

:shrug: I have freakishly strong hands! Ask Mooneggs, or Cjthor. Just get a wrench on the white part, and keep twisting :wink: The end of the white part should just cover the tapered part. You can take it off, and put some oil in it.

'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan

February 14 2009, 1:03 PM
Profile WWW

fowljesse wrote:
Drilling out the knob is easier.

Here's the short knob on my short shifter:

your boot looks like it has a foreskin o.O circumsize it! AHHH

February 17 2010, 12:42 AM
Supporting Member

I know, right?
That's why I made a shift gate!

February 17 2010, 1:09 AM
Profile WWW

in regards to it not going down you can take one of those sanding bits for a drill and shave it so it goes over more naturally, Just made one today Thanks for the Idea Fowljesse! I can now use one of my cup holders without the shiftier hitting it!!

Hunting For a Supra MKIV, but I'll never get one. Still Hunting.

July 06 2011, 11:20 PM
Supporting Member

I'll be needing you to convert 2 more for me soon Jesse 8) As soon as I can find 2 SE knobs...

Also, you're damn right about having strong hands. I can't even BUDGE the drilled knob you put in my '92 last year... It literally won't turn either direction, and I'm not lacking in the muscle department :lol:

'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL, 67mm TB, MegaSquirt, Coilpacks, 5 lugs, Speed6 brakes, FD wheels, wiretuck, progressive coilovers, shorty headers w/ custom collector, AEM WB, 2.5" straight, Borla XS
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc

August 30 2011, 3:52 AM
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2