Donate to the MX-3.com Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 14 2019, 10:09 PM

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 AWR Solid Motor Mounts 

I belive the bushing is replacable for whatever reason itf it needs to be replaced. But you would be able to get a 100% answer from AWR. If you need to know for sure, hit him up.

For the record i have had his AWR mounts on my MX-6 prob for close to 6-7 yrs and they look the same condition as when i put them in. Since the metal is coated there is no worries of rust.

July 26 2007, 4:33 PM
Forum Moderator

Yeah, they attach at the diff casing. However, it is still a weak spot that takes alot of abuse just from the trans torque. So adding a more rigid mount only increases the stress on the trans case. I don't think this will be an issue if you take care not to be too rough on your shifts. However, some seem to think a car is indestructable when behind the wheel and I wanted to make the members aware of a potential problem if they drive like a mad man or drag race. However, solid mounts are commonly used in drag race applications and are good for getting a better launch and makes shifting into second easier too. However, that comes at a price...

so Slammed6 says it would be impossible to mess up the rear tranny because of the way the bracket is but that includes drag racing right? I don't want to put these on and take it to the track and start ripping stuff apart... :?

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Mooneggs

July 26 2007, 4:34 PM
Profile WWW

I beat on my car prob more than anyone here. and not to mention putting out some decent power 300WHP/Wtrq...yes wheel hp and trq. I have a stage 4 4-puck Clutchmasters clutch and i have ran my car coming outta the hole at the track on a 75-shot of nitrous banging gears on 26" tall slicks.

I continuously run my car in the street with my 17's and bang the gears spinning til 80MPH before getting traction. If you want to feel more comfortable i can take pics of the mounting locations and you can see for yourself how its not possible.

Also if you think about it the easier way to tear the casing on a tranny is when the car has a good amount of movement, cause then you get the flopping around which will inturn hurt more than the tranny case being bolted in and not being able to move.

Also with solid motor mounts this will pretty much eliminate the chance of wheel hop, of course suspension is a big part as well, but no more flex in the tranny/motor will mean more HP to the wheels.

July 26 2007, 4:42 PM
Forum Moderator

maybe I'm not putting down the HP and torque numbers but I beat on my car pretty bad too... I just like to know what I'm getting into and the possible negative outcomes of mods... thanks for explaining

that's why I have a daily driver in case something goes horribly wrong :roll: :shock: :lol:

July 26 2007, 4:59 PM
Profile WWW

No problem man, the only time i will say something is when i myself have tried it and came to my conclusions. My MX-3 was my daily driver for 2-3 yrs and i made over 20-30 12 sec passes and i never had a problem with breaking a tranny case.

But now i have another Daily driver, so i am going all out on my MX-3. But i do plan on driving it daily again once my setup is done.

July 26 2007, 5:15 PM
Supporting Member

See my motor mounts are shot... utterly.. I dont mind paying extra for a set of GOOD aftermarket ones. Racing isnt my gig.. so I am not worried about breaking stuff.. but I do want a decent ride and if the bushing ever needs replacing I want to be able to do that without ordering new mounts. So far these seem to fit the bill for those needs.. Now I just need someone to try a set so I can see a second opinion on how they make the car feel for normal to spirited driving. No offense here Slammed.. just sometimes one persons perception of superior isnt the same as everyone elses :) I expect for racing these would be excellent. But since thats not my primary concern.. I will wait a bit for the jury to come in. Considering how wasted my stock ones are at only 92k miles.. I'd much rather go with these than OEM replacements.. and I am too lazy to fill mine myself LOL

Tunes67

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL

July 26 2007, 5:34 PM
Profile YIM
Forum Moderator

I have been using the mazdaspeed motor mount set ever since I did my klze swap... you might want to consider using those if you do not want to go "all out" for these AWR ones... and I would consider these "all out" because I am expecting to feel alot more engine once I put them in...

July 26 2007, 5:45 PM
Profile WWW
Supporting Member

Sorry to jack the thread.. but arent the mazdaspeed mounts a lot more expensive?

Tunes67

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL

July 26 2007, 5:47 PM
Profile YIM

See my motor mounts are shot... utterly.. I dont mind paying extra for a set of GOOD aftermarket ones. Racing isnt my gig.. so I am not worried about breaking stuff.. but I do want a decent ride and if the bushing ever needs replacing I want to be able to do that without ordering new mounts. So far these seem to fit the bill for those needs.. Now I just need someone to try a set so I can see a second opinion on how they make the car feel for normal to spirited driving. No offense here Slammed.. just sometimes one persons perception of superior isnt the same as everyone elses :) I expect for racing these would be excellent. But since thats not my primary concern.. I will wait a bit for the jury to come in. Considering how wasted my stock ones are at only 92k miles.. I'd much rather go with these than OEM replacements.. and I am too lazy to fill mine myself LOL

Tunes67

Hey tunes, no problem. I didn't mean to make these mounts to seem superior to any others. I would honestly recommend those RR-Racing inserts for the spirited driver with the ocassional drag. And the inserts would not cause the vibration these MAY cause depending on how smooth your motor runs.

Just to throw this out there, i let my mother drive my MX-6 with the 2 AWR mounts, and she even commented on how great it felt cause everything felt solid. At idle is smooth and don't feel all loose. And my mother is really critical on how a car runs..haha. So these are a great upgrade over filling your own, but honestly if the RR-Racing inserts were made i would go with those.

Well either way i can sell my filled Rear motor mount if your intersted in buying a rear mount.

July 26 2007, 5:55 PM
Forum Moderator

Sorry to jack the thread.. but arent the mazdaspeed mounts a lot more expensive?

Tunes67

I got mine from corksport but you are getting 4 instead of just 2 but they are alot more expensive - over $300...I think it was somewhat cheaper 4 years ago...

July 26 2007, 6:38 PM
Profile WWW

Any more word when they will start selling the rear mount? Im only a 1000 miles into my rebuild and i cant stand my worn out motor mounts.

Nate

August 06 2007, 6:59 PM

I emailed them but i have no idea whats going on....i never got a reply.

Everyone should send them an email and ask when they will actually start producing them and then i am sure he will see the interest and post them up on his website.

August 06 2007, 8:29 PM

I emailed tony at awrracing. Slammed6 how is it that you got them to make a solid rear mount for you?

Nate

August 06 2007, 8:45 PM

I got lots of parts on my car that no one has.....cause i see what i wanna do and source out a person to complete my vision..haha.

I had these mounts on my MX-6 and sent them my mount for fabrication. Not very hard at all.

August 07 2007, 12:13 AM
Forum Moderator

Good news everybody! I just got an email back from Tony at AWR and he said:

We signed off on the drawings yesterday and hope to have stamped parts
ready for welding within 3 weeks.

tony / awr

:lol:

August 07 2007, 9:59 AM
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next