Donate to the MX-3.com Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 19 2019, 3:43 AM

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Help! Just got ticket. Need to pass smog! Air intake? 

Post Help! Just got ticket. Need to pass smog! Air intake?
What im using right now is one of those cheap 10 dollar air intakes you'll find in the ebay search for 1994 mazda mx3 air intake. Had this car going on a year now, still isn't registered under my name because i can't find a air intake that will pass the smog check. They won't except the cheap one, they said I either need to get the stock or a remake but the only remake that i'm aware of is from K&N but it passes smog in all states besides CA. In google search when i type stock/oem air intake, the cars usually show air intake hose connected to a black box which i believe is a air intake filter cleaner box/ air box housing. What im trying to say is, does the mx3 use a air intake and air filter as the same purpose in stock. Instead of the traditional round bulb looking air intake? This would be a big help thank you.

June 13 2014, 11:59 PM
Supporting Member

Post Re: Help! Just got ticket. Need to pass smog! Air intake?
Here is one link to our 'on-line' manuals but it's not that great. http://www.mx-3.com/manuals/showimg.php ... leaner.gif
Here's a better one. http://www.mx-3.com/manuals/showimg.php ... F1-102.gif

Now how about an introduction, maybe a little info about yourself like where your from with a little back ground on your car would be nice. :)

92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

June 14 2014, 4:25 PM

Thanks for the help! Seems the mx3 doesn't use those air intake that are bulb shaped. Names edgar, I'm from Southern California. Had my mx3 close to a year now. I loved the body. I got it for around 2k. Has about 100k miles. It's white, works pretty great just that I'm kind of clueless and other people too about this car since it's pretty "rare"; I kind of like that. Wish it went faster though but gets me to work and back . The mx3 gets a lot of looks. Mines hits 65mph at 5th gear at number 3.

June 14 2014, 7:38 PM
Supporting Member

Just a suggestion but why not post in the [WTB] (want to buy) section here and install the stock parts then after the emissions test you can remove it if you like. Example, I have a very minty accordion hose (goes between air box and throttle body) just sitting around,,,,,,, :shrug:

92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

June 15 2014, 4:06 PM
Supporting Member

he's posting in the 4 cylinder forums... I suppose you could have 4 cylinder parts but that would be a bit strange...

She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread

June 15 2014, 5:54 PM
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]