|INVITATION: MOM 2004
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||YP5 Toronto [ August 12 2004, 10:47 AM ]|
|Post subject:||INVITATION: MOM 2004|
DUE TO THE OVERWHELMING RESPONSE WE HAVE GOTTEN FOR THIS YEARS MEET, WE HAVE HAD TO FIND A LARGER LOCATION MORE SUITED FOR THE NUMBERS WE ARE EXPECTING. THE NEW LOCATION IS LARGE ENOUGH FOR AS MANY CARS AS ANYONE COULD DREAM OF. PLEASE SEE THE POST BELOW FOR UPDATED INFORMATION.
The Toronto Protegé Club (http://www.toprotege.com) would like to take this opportunity to invite you to join us at the Meeting of the Mazdas Annual Part 2 (MOM2). This event was organized by the Miataphiles last year and was a huge success. There were approximately 100 cars in attendance last year from various GTA Mazda Clubs. This year, it’s our turn and we have special surprises in store. We are expecting almost twice the numbers this year and we hope that you can join us and help this event to continue to grow each year.
We would appreciate if one or more of the Officers / Admins on your board would take the lead for keeping an updated list of your attendees in this thread. Any further questions can be directed to me at email@example.com and I will answer them promptly. Please mention "Meeting of the Mazdas" in the subject line so the email doesn't get filtered as trash.
For ongoing updates please refer to this website address for the most up to date information: http://www.toprotege.com/mom2004/
Where: Valens Conservation Area
When: Sunday September 12th, 2004
Time: 11am – 5:00pm
11am – 12pm – Roll-in
12pm – 2:30pm – People’s choice judging takes place
2:30pm – 3:30pm – Tallying of the votes
3:30pm – 4pm – Award presentations
5:00pm – Roll-out
Categories can be expanded based on confirmed participation
* plus a couple of surprise awards
We are in the midst of securing a variety of dealers, vendors and retailers for a variety of fun prizes and giveaways. If your club has any contacts or sponsors that you would like TOProtege.com to follow up on, please email us. If your club would like to help out by donating your time in gathering prizes and giveaways please let us know. This post will be updated as we secure more sponsors.
This year we have decided to have a potluck lunch. There will also be Charcoal BBQs available for your grilling needs. We ask that each club do their part to pitch in and that members each contribute some food and / or drinks for the potluck, as well as any other materials (plates, cups, utensils, BBQ equipment,...) that your club members will need.
Again, we ask that the officers / admin on your board co-ordinate a list of who is bringing what food, AS WELL AS making sure that all other materials that you guys will need that day, are covered.
The BBQ's will be on a "first-come first-served" basis. We ask that everyone share BBQ time with each other in a fair manner.
* Please arrange your own pre-meets and plan out your best routes. It would be a good idea to make small packs within your groups as it is a rather long drive and smaller groups can stick together more easily.
** Leave yourselves enough time to get there. It can be a fairly long drive and is quite easy to get lost. Judging will start promptly at 12:00am.
CLICK HERE FOR DIRECTIONS --> http://www.toprotege.com/mom2004/map.html
We have sites GP#1 & GP#2 booked for the day
Things to remember:
1) This is a FAMILY event, so behave accordingly
2) Once your car is in the area, it would be preferred that you keep your car parked until after the voting ends.
3) Everyone will be parked in their respective categories (all Protege5s together, Miatas together, etc ...)
4) Bring a pen with you. There will be sheets provided to list your mods and stick on your dash to help people in judging
5) No alcohol allowed in the park
6) Please respect the grounds and clean up after yourselves. The park was more than happy to have us back this year due to everyone's responsible behavior last year. We are confident that everyone will help to have us invited back again next year.
7) Feel free to bring Frisbees, footballs, or any other outdoor activities you would like to do that day
A Few pic's from Last Year
<img src="http://images3.fotki.com/v28/photos/7/73230/294384/103_0307-vi.jpg" alt=" - " />
<img src="http://images3.fotki.com/v28/photos/7/73230/294384/103_0306-vi.jpg" alt=" - " />
<img src="http://images3.fotki.com/v29/photos/7/73230/294384/103_0305-vi.jpg" alt=" - " />
<img src="http://images3.fotki.com/v29/photos/7/73230/294384/stitch3-vi.jpg" alt=" - " />
<small>[ August 17, 2004, 11:54 PM: Message edited by: YP5 Toronto ]</small>
|Author:||YP5 Toronto [ August 18 2004, 12:55 AM ]|
|Post subject:||Re: INVITATION: MOM 2004|
Please see the updated original post. We are already looking at 75+ cars and we expect to double that by the time the date rolls around.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group