Donate to the MX-3.com Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 11 2019, 6:06 PM

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 My new MX-3 

Post My new MX-3
Picked up a MX-3 finally. Have to say for a 4 Banger its decent. 213,000 KM's, 5 Speed, burns nothing, leaks nothing, needs a muffler and a bit of body work, and a really good clean in the interior, last owner was a smoker...

Day I got it:

Front

Backend (some damage...)

Next Day

As can be seen from the last photo, I decided to use some fiberglass to start repairing the broken damaged bumper... Its a temporary solution till I replace the parts but then again, once I'm done (ran out of fiberglass half way) it'll look decent (yes I do have some experience, I just sloped it on this time). The tape is to cover a few gaps until I have it finished, then sand, sand, sand, and paint... Then replace :roll:

February 24 2012, 2:30 AM

Post Re: My new MX-3
Welcome to the forum! I love the mx3, it looks great!

Good luck on fixing up the rear, i'm unfamiliar with fiberglassing so I have no insight on that.

This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.

February 24 2012, 2:45 AM

I've done enough of it to apprentice at a body shop.. I was lazy and sloppy with this as I know I'm going to end up replacing all the pieces anyways, just the tape was pissing me off, and once I removed it I realized I didn't have enough to cover it back up...

February 24 2012, 2:52 AM

Welcome to the forums!
looks like quite a bit of body work that needs to be done, seems like it would be easier grabbing a bumper from the junkyard and painting it

seems all the creek blue mica are 4cyl

February 24 2012, 2:54 AM

Oh it is easier to just replace... I'm just doing this for fun to be honest

February 24 2012, 11:58 AM

theres 4 mx3's at pnp here in calgary, 1 garnish, 1 wrap around and 2 gs wings, should go that route instead of fiber glassing the hatch lid.

:: KYB GR2 w/ H&R Springs :: Drag DR-2 17x7 :: RS Raised Spoiler :: 2x12" Polk DB1222 subs w/ 800w Clarion amp ::

February 24 2012, 7:17 PM

Thanks for the tip on the salvage yard, I'll have to check it out, could you tell me which yards specifically?

Only parts I'm fiber glassing is the bumper and the piece right above it, hatchback part isn't getting any, rather I'm currently searching for the glass, have the stock spoiler still.

February 24 2012, 10:35 PM

when you enter Pick n pull just ask the person at the front desk where the mx-3's are, they'll probably ask for a part so just do something random like a seat for an mx-3 and they'll give you a print off of which rows the mx-3's should be in.
Mind you this is never 100% accurate so you should walk around the import section and take a look.

February 24 2012, 10:41 PM

Evo_Spec wrote:
when you enter Pick n pull just ask the person at the front desk where the mx-3's are, they'll probably ask for a part so just do something random like a seat for an mx-3 and they'll give you a print off of which rows the mx-3's should be in.
Mind you this is never 100% accurate so you should walk around the import section and take a look.

Ask for a quarter panel for an MX3, then they'll tell you where all of them are because the machine doesn't have a car only option.

This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.

February 25 2012, 12:41 AM

welcome to the forum. Hope you fix it up real nice and stay here for a while.

Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

February 25 2012, 1:14 AM
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

I plan on keeping the car for a good few years so I'll be around for a good while... Hell I'm on a BMW forum still and I havent owned one for a few years now.

February 26 2012, 9:22 PM
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]