Donate to the MX-3.com Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 14 2019, 10:10 PM

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 UBCSCC Mission Track day 

Post UBCSCC Mission Track day
Its not to late there are still novice spots left if you have never raced around the mission road course this i a great chance to come out and have some fun...

check out
http://www.ubcscc.com for more info..

UBCSCC is proud to announce the first of our three Track Days for 2011!!! We have only 40 spots available; 28 senior driver and 12 novice spots, so dont wait!!!

Mission Raceway Date #1: Wednesday, June 22nd, 2011

Please make sure you read the entire Track Day information page before signing up:
2011 Track Day Information

Particularly, read the supplemental regulations regarding race tires, noise regulations, and cancellations. Ignorance is no excuse! Also, please make sure to read what classifies you as a novice, those signing up for the wrong group will not be given a refund! Every trackday the UBCSCC has ever run has sold out - make sure to signup early to avoid any disappointments!

All drivers must hold valid UBCSCC 2011 Membership

NOVICE SIGNUP LINK: (MAX 12)
http://www.karelo.com/register.php?BID= ... 10#Ev10860

SENIOR DRIVER SIGNUP LINK: (MAX 28)
http://www.karelo.com/register.php?BID= ... 10#Ev10861

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them here!

June 15 2011, 8:23 PM

Post Re: UBCSCC Mission Track day
I am really looking forward to this... My first time out on the track ever... Should be lots of fun stretching the legs on my KLDE 323..

June 15 2011, 8:24 PM

Post Re: UBCSCC Mission Track day
Well my first track day is in the bag... I had a great time... We got a total of 5 20min sessions out on course... For us novices our first 3 runs were with a pace car..

The first session was very slow paced.. My brakes never really got up to temp.. The second session was a little faster pace.. We also did some leap frogging to give every person a chance to follow the pace car and see the race line.. I was still coasting around the track most of the time I did manage to get my brakes up to temp a few times though.. For the 3rd session we did some more leap frogging.. This time the pace car would pick a pace based on what he thought would challenge the car behind him..W hen I was tailing the pace car he picked up the pace a fair amount for 3/4 of the lap.. We left the rest of the group pretty far behind.. This was a lot of fun, I finally got a chance to get some good heat in the brakes and start pushing the car....

For our 4th and 5th sessions we were allowed to run all out with out a pace car.. Passing was only allowed on the front straight away with a proper point by.... I found out really fast that my car doesn't like the sustained high rpms... After about 2 - 3 laps my engine temps were climbing rapidly.. I had to run most of the time at 50% throttle short shifting and taking it pretty easy on the car.... This is the first time I have ever had a problem with over heating in this car..

For the few laps I was able to get on the throttle and run the car full out I struggled to learn where my braking points were and how hard I could be on the brakes... I think running the Porterfields on all 4 corners I have a little to much front brake... Under heavy high speed braking the car starts to get a little squirmy... It feels like my front brakes are doing to much work and there isn't enough rear brake to help keep the car stable... Over all though the I never had a problem with loosing brakes... The pads once warmed up they always had good bite....

Coming down the front stretch into turn one was pretty scary... A couple times I caught a glance at my speedo.. I was some where around 100- 110mph.. I never really did get my braking point set for turn 1.. When I was running at 50% I had no problems with it, but at full speed I over drove the corner a few times..

Turn 2 was fun.... The first time I drove hard into turn 2 I was trail braking a lot.. The corner has a bit of dip in it and this unsettled the car... The back end stepped out a bit but I had no problems correcting and keeping the car on track... After that I made sure to finish all my braking before the corner and didn't have any problems after that..

Turn 3 was a very tight corner with an interesting hump in the middle of it... I took this pretty easy all day...

Turns 4,5,6 are pretty interesting... I had a bit of fun with this section... For most of the day I came threw turn 4 in 3rd gear with a little brake check before the turn... I did try running corner 4 with out a brake check, just lifting the throttle a little and down shifting to 3rd going into corner 5 but this scared the crap out of me.. The car handled it pretty well but I did push a little to far into turn 5...

Turn 7 was fun... I struggled a little bit on where to brake when entering turn 7 a couple of time.. For the most part though I was early on the brakes and drove pretty easy threw turn 7..

Turns 8,9 felt pretty consistant and fun all day.. I did over drive it once and pushed really wide but over all I felt really comfortable...

This is the track lay out for mission..

One video I have from my 5th session... This was my first 3 laps.. Since I knew I would start over heating after a few laps I really tryed to make the most out of my first 3 laps.. I ended up over driving a few corners and felt I was pretty sloppy overall... When I dialed it back I really cleaned up my line and just concentrated on driving smooth..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNHcCHv88zI

June 23 2011, 2:23 AM
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]