Donate to the MX-3.com Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 15 2019, 8:23 AM

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 June 26 track day vids. 

Post June 26 track day vids.
NW Alfa Romeo Club.

Spectating.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE6btbjDMBY

Driving. New poly suspension, Greenstuff pads in the back, and MX-6 ECU/VAF (160 WHP). Car definitely felt a lot quicker. Even with a passenger.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqE4JZf03KA

June 28 2009, 11:33 PM

Post Re: June 26 track day vids.
thank you for the video and the link...it was certainly interesting to watch.

June 30 2009, 1:58 AM
Supporting Member

That looks like so much fun! That's exactly what I want to do. Part of it looks like a road rally.

'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan

June 30 2009, 3:40 AM
Profile WWW

You should come up here for a track day some time. I feel so lonely always being the only MX-3 at the track.

June 30 2009, 4:02 AM

That's a gorgeous track.

July 06 2009, 3:10 AM
Supporting Member

Whisper wrote:
You should come up here for a track day some time. I feel so lonely always being the only MX-3 at the track.

Let me know when they are! I'd love to!

'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan

July 06 2009, 5:12 AM
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

fowljesse wrote:
Whisper wrote:

Let me know when they are! I'd love to!

ditto! :mrgreen: that looks like so much fun!! :love:

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Mooneggs

July 06 2009, 2:49 PM
Profile WWW

Well, I intend to do either July 22 with Alfa club, or July 26 with IRDC high performance driving school.

After that August 27 with Alfa club again.

For Alfa you need some kind of track experience, but they offer instructors if you're new to Pacific Raceways. And also I think they do driver school that same day... Also you'll need gloves in addition to the helmet.
http://nwalfaclub.com/track/welcome.php

IRDC offers ground school the day before (July 25), and after that you can go lapping the next day.
http://www.irdc-racing.com/irdc_school.htm

I haven't registered for either one of those, but I'm tempted to do IRDC, because it's Sunday.

July 08 2009, 3:12 AM

allready on the video comment, but here goes again:

awesome... first time i see a Mx-3 used, for real fun.
Driving a car, is this.
Not drag's, not pull's , not even streetracing.
This is the true love for cars. I really wish someday i get my car´╗┐ ready, to have a similar video.
Thank you very much.

"Racing a Honda is like being in the special Olympics, you may win, but in the end your still retarded."

August 26 2009, 4:47 PM

I'd love to take one of my cars out there, how much does it cost to participate?

Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

October 03 2009, 12:45 PM
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

hey nice video.
I dunno about way over there, but around here a good track day can really range in price. With the Porshe club you can pay 5-600, but there are fewer cars and so alot more track time. With NASA or a similar large club it might be 2-300, but 1/4 of the track time and alot of people. Also, some newbs and some A-holes who think their Lexus IS pwn's all. I am cool though- they throw the Lexus guy out of the track after he gets too close to a couple of cars... lol
I would really recommend you going to an event where you can get an instructor. Do a really good check of your car's health before you go. Pads, rotors, flush brakes, change oil, check coolant, good tread depth, axle boots for splits and clean any leaking spots. The track can be alot of fun, but it can be a nightmare if you blow your motor, trans or wreck your car.
If anyone ever needs any ideas or wants to just chat about racing your MX, check out the MOCA forum or PM me. We do not frequent here as much, but I am willing to help whenever I can.
GL out there and be safe. I hope that you guys get to some events together. When we MOCA guys can get more than one or two of us to a track event we get alot of head turns and questions about our cars. We also get alot of "what the hell is in that thing" since people don't think an MX-3 should be that fast.
Last thing- you could spend 2000 on parts to make your car faster or you could spend 2000 on event entry fees, tires, brakes and fluids and you will be MUCH faster as a result of the driving experience over the parts. The best bang for the buck when trying to go faster is always spent on your training. Mazda did a pretty good job (for a early 90s design and engineering), you are the one who needs work. ;)

ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

October 04 2009, 1:50 AM

PATDIESEL wrote:
Last thing- you could spend 2000 on parts to make your car faster or you could spend 2000 on event entry fees, tires, brakes and fluids and you will be MUCH faster as a result of the driving experience over the parts. The best bang for the buck when trying to go faster is always spent on your training. Mazda did a pretty good job (for a early 90s design and engineering), you are the one who needs work. ;)

I agree, seat time is priceless. Makes adapting to new mods exponentially easier as well.

Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.

October 08 2009, 4:23 PM
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]