Donate to the MX-3.com Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 18 2019, 3:13 AM

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 ABS light help and sunroof help please!! 

Post ABS light help and sunroof help please!!
Hey all, new owner here. Absolutely love the car. I have a 96 Mazda Eunos 30x Sports.

Got the car quite cheap, with rego considering the condition.

The main question I have is my ABS light is on constantly.
The error code i get is 22 - Right front solenoid valve or circuit.

I have looked at the hydraulic unit and im almost certain that is the issue. its quite hard to get to. I remove the battery, but without the knowledge of how to remove it I dont want to try.

Obviously I would need to bleed brakes after as I am allowing air in the system. But is there a specific way to do this?

I have checked the two sensors on the front. and removed them to see if i get the error codes for them. When i remove them I do get the error codes plus the 22 that i already have, so its not the sensors.

The abs CM connectors are all good, visually inspected and they seem fine. Unplugged and replugged.

Any other ideas. I have worked through the abs troubleshooting guide from mazda, checked the soleniod valve resistance on the plug, all good, 3.5 ohms each. The guide said 3 ohms each, not sure if that would cause issues?

Any help please

Also, the other thing is the sunroof. It gets stuck. Motor and gears are top knotch. I have also tightened the slipper. but it doesn't help. so i loosened it back to stock so i dont burn the motor out. What is getting stuck is the seal. Its almost like its too rubbery and gets stuck on the frame of the roof. I usually have to help it pop then it moves smooth. Any ideas. I have tried multiple lubes with no luck. The only thing that works sort of is cable lube for motorbikes. Works for about half a day then gets stuck again. I think some sort of felt seal would be better than the rubber on the face.

Forgot to add, I am in Australia, any fellow Aussies here. I cannot join the Team Eunos page, it wont let me.

April 20 2015, 5:50 PM

Post Re: ABS light help and sunroof help please!!
So on friday, i am going to try a new ABS CM. if this doesn't remove the light. I am going to get the hydraulic unit and replace it over the weekend. this should fix the issue. if this doesn't fix the issue, i can return the unit i have been told. I will then start sussing the sensors, fuses, relays etc. But from everything I have read, and the #22 error code I have received, I am 90 percent sure it is the hydraulic unit.

Does anybody have any information on the sunroof. Bloody thing just gets stuck again and needs a push with my other hand to open it. So annoying.

April 20 2015, 10:16 PM

Ok, so i'll keep anwering my own posts here. I have fixed the sunroof for now. where the motor is, there is a slipper type clutch, Tighten this and make sure that the sunroof opens, without the motor bogging down too much. The motor will bog down, but it will have enough force to break the seal on the rubber and then pop up.

i have noticed that there is no limit stops on the sunroon. To fully open and fully closed. Has anyone else got one.

April 21 2015, 3:10 AM

Check out this topic

http://uk-mx3.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t ... hlight=abs

Isn't there something with the wiring broken ? Before you start replacing the whole unit.

You have to keep in mind in the USA not many cars had ABS. So knowledge is less about the system.
I don't have any experience with the unit but I'm very interested in what you did and how it should be done.

The sunroof can be OEM or aftermarket, do you know what it is ?
OEM should be able to stop in any position. Perhaps the open/close module is broken and could be found in a junkyard.
If it's aftermarket... I'd google a bit about the brand.

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click

April 21 2015, 2:08 PM
Profile WWW

Ill check it out. Thanks

Regarding the sunroof. it is OEM. Metal.
I have had some success with tightening the slipper on the motor. and packing the sunroof up by 2 mm with washers. this means I still get a good seal where the rubber meets the metal, but not as tight when trying to open.

April 22 2015, 6:39 PM

I cant join that forum. It says my email has been blocked for some reason... Can you please post some of the information here.
Not sure if it is wiring. but i will be able to check the ABS computer for free and 70 dollars for the hydraulic module. If that doesn't work I can get my money back.

April 22 2015, 6:42 PM

It's only about diagnostics

Here's a quick how to pull ABS codes, as I just about found this on probetalk and searched a LONG time to find it! Do this if your ABS (car skidding) light wont go away.

1) Connect a jumper wire in the diagnostics box from TBS(Test Brake System) to GND terminals.
2) Connect LED+ to FBS (Fault:Braking System) terminal and LED- to a GND, there are 2 GNDs on the diagnostics box, or any ground will do.
3) Turn key to ON

Note
You are meant to use an analog voltmeter, but I found it lit an LED sufficiently.
Long flashes = tens
Short flashes = ones

Code List
11 Right front wheel speed sensor or rotor
12 Left front wheel speed sensor or rotor
13 Right rear wheel speed sensor or rotor
14 Left rear wheel speed sensor or rotor
15 Wheel speed sensor
22 Hydraulic unit harness
51 Fail-safe relay
53 Motor or motor relay
61 ABS control unit

Worklog
Worklog click

April 23 2015, 5:09 PM
Profile WWW

Thanks. Did that. Came up with error 22. Replaced hydraulic unit. Now get error 22 still and 15. 15 will not change to (11 - 14). I have driven over 10 kms. but it wont change. Tested the relay/fail safe yesterday and it is faulty. Will replace that today, and also if that doesn't work will replace the abs ECU. Should be able to get to the bottom of this soon.

Sunroof works now. Use a rubber specific lubricant, they are made for brake assembly. Works great, and made from castor oil so will not deteriorate the rubber.

April 26 2015, 5:37 PM

Thought I would chime in on this with a solution.

ABS ECU was faulty along with the relay. (Well could have been ecu causing relay to be faulty, but for 70 bucks, I got the ecu and relay from a used mazda wreckers). Replaced both and light went away.

This car is starting to become a favourite of mine. I would love to get more power, but for now i am concentrating on the useability and maintenance of the car.

July 20 2015, 8:52 PM

Great !
Thanks for the feedback and happy you're on the road again.

Worklog
Worklog click

July 21 2015, 1:33 PM
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]