Donate to the MX-3.com Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 14 2019, 2:37 PM

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 aem fic/maf clamp 

Post aem fic/maf clamp
i've been out of this game for a while but recently decided to fix the mx3 after two years of sitting with a turbo oil issue. got a new gt35r, bought a wideband and am waiting for an aem fic. i read about clamping the maf and am curious to see how many people have had success with this setup. the stock air flow sensor seems to be a big restriction. i have a bpt gtx motor, utilizing a b6 sohc harness modified to work with a bp55 ecu. found info on here about the fic but i couldn't find any topics concerning clamping the maf? any hints, tips?

June 27 2013, 2:28 PM

Post Re: aem fic/maf clamp
it should be on AEM's site. Go to their forums. I don't believe this is done with out the addtion of a MAP sensor installation IIRC. Or at least it is often a benifit to use the clamp feature and remove the VAF all together and add a MAP. Have not seen it done, nor have I tried it myself. Pending on the ECU, I don't believe you will have any issues until you hit a full bar of boost. - if at all

June 27 2013, 7:12 PM
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]