Donate to the MX-3.com Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 07 2019, 11:06 AM

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Just A Little Over 3 Years Ago,,,, 
Supporting Member

Post Just A Little Over 3 Years Ago,,,,
This is for some of you who never saw this Thread. viewtopic.php?f=18&t=74088&hilit=kingston+meet
Possibly the end of an era. :cry:

92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

May 13 2013, 8:49 PM

Post Re: Just A Little Over 3 Years Ago,,,,
The community sucks nowadays. Then again, there were never many enthusiasts around me. These cars are just getting old now. People don't want to pay to fix them anymore.

'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Collects dust
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Collects dust
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!

May 13 2013, 9:07 PM
Profile ICQ YIM
Supporting Member

Well, I just bought a 'brand new' slave cylinder for my clutch. :D

92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

May 13 2013, 9:34 PM

I don't know... 3 years ago I was still a little kid... :roll:

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.

May 13 2013, 9:45 PM
Forum Moderator

Savin wrote:
The community sucks nowadays. Then again, there were never many enthusiasts around me. These cars are just getting old now. People don't want to pay to fix them anymore.

Depends what you define as community... The online community has stayed about the same... a few of us long haul guys have stuck it out and there's always a handful of noobs running around. :shrug: Seems like more kids are posting on the facebook mx-3.com page.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Mooneggs

May 13 2013, 9:52 PM
Profile WWW

I guess what I mean to say in terms of it sucking is that 3 years ago I loved coming to the forums reading everything I could; there seemed to always be something new going on with the forums. (badass group buys and such) Even though I didn't get to take part in them, it was still nice to see the forum/people alive enough to where it was possible to get a GB going. Now we can't even get enough people for a MS bumper GB because most are just "kids" that can barely afford to keep the car running.

Lately I only come to the forums/FB page out of habit and boredom. I guess I wish more people would actually want to get meets going again like that great mega meet from across the states that was talked about years ago. It would be amazing to take part in something like that still.

'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Collects dust
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Collects dust
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!

May 13 2013, 10:10 PM
Profile ICQ YIM
Supporting Member

I think the bottom line is, the sense of community may of waned. A few are involved in the project side of things but others are here just trying to keep their cars on the road. I realized I was wasting my time when I tried to organize a spring meet and got almost no support. Even from a few who should of been there to support the plan but didn't. So I moved on.

92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

May 13 2013, 10:31 PM

Savin wrote:
most are just "kids" that can barely afford to keep the car running.

I think you HALF hit it on the head.
I don't think the problem is that they're all kids. I think what caused this forum (and many others, believe me) to slightly fade is the CRISIS.
Like you said earlier, mx-3s are getting really scarce, and are getting more and more expensive to keep on the road. And with the current economy, it's understandable that activity (especially when it comes to group buys and such) will decrease.

That said, I don't think the community sucks. I think it's adapting to this new era. The mx-3 is a strange car. Pretty much dismissed in the US, VERY sought after in other countries (in mine, a roadworthy mx-3 costs about 10 thousand dollars), and dissappearing fast. And getting very expensive to keep as a daily driver. After all, it's getting close to classic car status... :shrug:

Diogenes of Sinope.

May 13 2013, 10:51 PM

Savin wrote:

Savin I plan to come see u ASAP when you have time for me and don't mean just for parts!

When my mx is in great running shape and some body work done I will be coming down and cruising with you for sure!

Are cars are old we just need to start trying to put ourselfs more with just the mazda community. We are all really far away from one another... But if you go on other forums like mazdas247.com there are plenty of people that love mazda's and you can find them local. They don't care if you have new or old they just want to see you there!

I would love a full mx-3 meet but I don't know if it will ever happen... I will cruse with Savin once my car is all ready(2 hour drive isn't bad... But I am not driving like +10 hours for a meet(without crruise)... Sry I live our cars but there is a line here

Sweet pics btw

Ford Focus SE 2003 - sold

Mazda MX-3 RS 1994 - sold :(

May 13 2013, 11:04 PM

Actually its kind of nice that out this way there seems possibility of a small revival between myself, aaron, his brother and possibly eli

May 13 2013, 11:23 PM
Supporting Member

Meh, I haven't given up yet... I'm still trying to branch out in my area too.

My best friend and girlfriend are both MX-3 owners now, and both browse the forums learning about the cars... I even located a few MX-6/Probe guys in my area, and we're planning a bit of wrench time in the coming future as well. :shrug:

I wouldn't sink $700+ into an all Mazda BBK/5 lug/lightweight wheel swap, as well as a great deal of money into another project if I weren't here to stay. I found the car, I loved the car, and I plan to nurse it along for as long as I can... I've found that I prefer driving a FWD to a RWD around town, and I'll probably stick with it until I pick up a usable Charger shell, and after that even...

'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL, 67mm TB, MegaSquirt, Coilpacks, 5 lugs, Speed6 brakes, FD wheels, wiretuck, progressive coilovers, shorty headers w/ custom collector, AEM WB, 2.5" straight, Borla XS
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc

May 13 2013, 11:32 PM

I just realized that I've been a membetr of this forum for over 4 years now.
Damn...! 8)

Diogenes of Sinope.

May 14 2013, 12:11 AM

Just come to Calgary, there are 6 forum members here with 9 MX-3s between us, we don't have meets but most of us see each other every other week.

This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.

May 14 2013, 12:25 AM

I just bought my car a couple months ago. Its been awesome to have such an comprehensive resource and I'm glad everyone sticks around to answer newbies questions(like mine).

So thank you everyone.

May 14 2013, 10:28 AM

I wish I was able to make it to that meet :(

I think that it's part of many things, but typically the type of owners that are buying them, the age of the car, the lack of aftermarket, even lack or general replacement parts and hard time finding them at the wreckers.

There saying nowadays that the new generation of kids would perfer to have a smart phone than a car. Mx-3 does have the reputation of being a girls car....

Maintenance on the car isn't easy for the fast of getting hard to get parts, and gas isn't cheap anymore. I miss the days filling the tank on the Mx-3 with 94 for $30

Ya Moony, the FB page seems to be gaining popularity, and they like to post there cause they can re-ask questions that have been hashed out hundred of times on the boards.

2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

May 14 2013, 12:39 PM
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next