Donate to the MX-3.com Forums
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 21 2019, 9:11 AM



Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Detailed explanation on different KLZE intakes? 
Author Message
Regular Member
User avatar

Joined: June 30 2003, 2:01 AM
Posts: 961
Location: Brandon Manitoba
Reply with quote
Post 
So if we want a higher chance at getting a real KLZE will it matter which engine we order?

I already have a Millenia Manifold, now i just need the engine, but i don't want a KLDE i want a KLZE.

Custommx3 wrote:
dont assume,\ that if a Millenia engine has a square port IM, that it will have KL131 heads, because some do not.


Does this mean that it basically doesn't matter if it has the Straight Neck or Millenia Manifold, we could still end up without a KLZE?

Since you said
Custommx3 wrote:
What makes a ZE a ZE is the heads, the pistons, and No EGR. Some models have more aggressive cams, some have the KL01's found in the US KLDE.


That is what i want to get when i order my KLZE "heads, the pistons, and No EGR" I guess what I'm trying to ask is how we do get a better chance at making sure we get what makes a ZE a ZE!

_________________
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial


October 20 2006, 12:43 PM
Profile WWW
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: September 24 2005, 9:09 PM
Posts: 2950
Location: Kitchener
Reply with quote
Post 
Neil wrote:
So if we want a higher chance at getting a real KLZE will it matter which engine we order?

I already have a Millenia Manifold, now i just need the engine, but i don't want a KLDE i want a KLZE.

Custommx3 wrote:
dont assume,\ that if a Millenia engine has a square port IM, that it will have KL131 heads, because some do not.


Does this mean that it basically doesn't matter if it has the Straight Neck or Millenia Manifold, we could still end up without a KLZE?

Since you said
Custommx3 wrote:
What makes a ZE a ZE is the heads, the pistons, and No EGR. Some models have more aggressive cams, some have the KL01's found in the US KLDE.


That is what i want to get when i order my KLZE "heads, the pistons, and No EGR" I guess what I'm trying to ask is how we do get a better chance at making sure we get what makes a ZE a ZE!


In your case you going to want to get a straight neck with kl31 1a1 and kl101 on the heads. should also have kl31 cams too...Just take that straight neck off and put your millenia curve neck on. You could get the curve neck ze as well but the downside is you will get kl01 cams. so since you already have the manifold just get the straight neck and do the swap

when your done sell the straight neck to a probe or mx6 owner


November 16 2006, 10:49 PM
Profile
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: December 10 2002, 3:01 AM
Posts: 2761
Location: Montgomery, WVa
Reply with quote
Post 
mx3autozam wrote:
Neil wrote:
So if we want a higher chance at getting a real KLZE will it matter which engine we order?

I already have a Millenia Manifold, now i just need the engine, but i don't want a KLDE i want a KLZE.

Custommx3 wrote:
dont assume,\ that if a Millenia engine has a square port IM, that it will have KL131 heads, because some do not.


Does this mean that it basically doesn't matter if it has the Straight Neck or Millenia Manifold, we could still end up without a KLZE?

Since you said
Custommx3 wrote:
What makes a ZE a ZE is the heads, the pistons, and No EGR. Some models have more aggressive cams, some have the KL01's found in the US KLDE.


That is what i want to get when i order my KLZE "heads, the pistons, and No EGR" I guess what I'm trying to ask is how we do get a better chance at making sure we get what makes a ZE a ZE!


In your case you going to want to get a straight neck with kl31 1a1 and kl101 on the heads. should also have kl31 cams too...Just take that straight neck off and put your millenia curve neck on. You could get the curve neck ze as well but the downside is you will get kl01 cams. so since you already have the manifold just get the straight neck and do the swap

when your done sell the straight neck to a probe or mx6 owner



thats what i did, worked out perfect

_________________
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy


November 27 2006, 11:59 AM
Profile
Regular Member
User avatar

Joined: January 05 2005, 11:27 PM
Posts: 1013
Location: Airdrie, Alberta, Canada
Reply with quote
Post 
Seeing as this topic is so helpful, would the Millenia IM work well on the KLDE with any advantage? Does it fit with modifying?

_________________
Stacy Whitrick
MX-West Calgary
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1335558 UPDATED June 6,07
94 GS, Green Envy Pearl QUESTION: Does my car fit the RICE category?
Image


November 28 2006, 11:12 PM
Profile
Supporting Member
User avatar

Joined: February 02 2002, 3:01 AM
Posts: 1364
Location: Cheadle, Alberta, Canada
Reply with quote
Post 
This has been asked many times, a search would easily answer it with many mixed opinions. I don't think there would be any major gains or losses but the Millenia would be better that the K8 IM for your application since it allows more airflow than the K8 Intake on a KLDE. No modification required as long as the intake comes with all the parts (vacuum chamber, VRIS, Fuel Rails, etc, etc.)

_________________
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:


January 31 2007, 10:50 AM
Profile WWW
Regular Member

Joined: February 16 2006, 10:40 PM
Posts: 165
Reply with quote
Post 
mx3autozam wrote:
Neil wrote:
So if we want a higher chance at getting a real KLZE will it matter which engine we order?

I already have a Millenia Manifold, now i just need the engine, but i don't want a KLDE i want a KLZE.

Custommx3 wrote:
dont assume,\ that if a Millenia engine has a square port IM, that it will have KL131 heads, because some do not.


Does this mean that it basically doesn't matter if it has the Straight Neck or Millenia Manifold, we could still end up without a KLZE?

Since you said
Custommx3 wrote:
What makes a ZE a ZE is the heads, the pistons, and No EGR. Some models have more aggressive cams, some have the KL01's found in the US KLDE.


That is what i want to get when i order my KLZE "heads, the pistons, and No EGR" I guess what I'm trying to ask is how we do get a better chance at making sure we get what makes a ZE a ZE!


In your case you going to want to get a straight neck with kl31 1a1 and kl101 on the heads. should also have kl31 cams too...Just take that straight neck off and put your millenia curve neck on. You could get the curve neck ze as well but the downside is you will get kl01 cams. so since you already have the manifold just get the straight neck and do the swap

when your done sell the straight neck to a probe or mx6 owner


So basicly what you're saying is that if you get a enuos800 curved kneck motor you're not accually getting a klze cuz of the cams

    _________________
    GS-ZE,fidanza fly/ 6 puck ceramic clutch,pacesetter headers/exhaust, AWR 88duro motormounts, P.R.M jetstream CAI,KYB GR-2 struts, KL31 ECU,JE-50VAF,110A Mellenia alt. S.S Corksport Clutch line.


    February 15 2007, 12:01 AM
    Profile
    Supporting Member
    User avatar

    Joined: February 02 2002, 3:01 AM
    Posts: 1364
    Location: Cheadle, Alberta, Canada
    Reply with quote
    Post 
    Just have a look at this chart.
    http://geocities.com/viv95pgt/klze.html

    It shows the difference between MS8 KLZE and Eunos800 KLZE. It's a KLZE regardless of cams KL-31 or KL-01. It's the head codes KL31-1A1 & KL31-101 that make it KLZE along with other points that were previous listed such as no EGR and flat top pistons 10.0:1 compression (yet some newer KLZE have a raised center 10.1:1 compression). The cams mainly just give a slightly different torque curve.

    _________________
    James Gosteli
    X-Prez of MX-West

    1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
    1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
    1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:


    February 15 2007, 12:19 AM
    Profile WWW
    Regular Member

    Joined: February 16 2006, 10:40 PM
    Posts: 165
    Reply with quote
    Post 
    wyldside wrote:
    Just have a look at this chart.
    http://geocities.com/viv95pgt/klze.html

    It shows the difference between MS8 KLZE and Eunos800 KLZE. It's a KLZE regardless of cams KL-31 or KL-01. It's the head codes KL31-1A1 & KL31-101 that make it KLZE along with other points that were previous listed such as no EGR and flat top pistons 10.0:1 compression (yet some newer KLZE have a raised center 10.1:1 compression). The cams mainly just give a slightly different torque curve.


    Ok thanks for that 411 so I'm gonna wind up going with the eunos800 motor seeing I can't find anybody around here that has any fabrication skills going with the mx6 5speed trans.mx-3 is geared too high and I drive an hour to work everyday hopfully it'll help on the gas miliage to. so what else will I need cuz this is gonna be my daily driver and toy so it needs to be relaible and fun. Obviously another ECU already know that I've heard so many different opinions on wich one to go with but wich is the closest one for that motor I'm thinking of a mx6 v6 with a 5speed right?? or does it matter?? It's probally already been posted and I appoligize for that but running short on time seeing either today or tomorrow I'm going to order it from Noyan USA :D :D costing me $1,500 shipped basicly I guess what I'm asking is what do I need to do to it to make it as close to running right as possiable. Also I noticed you are a supporting member of mx3.com how do I become one?? Thanks in advance :)

    _________________
    GS-ZE,fidanza fly/ 6 puck ceramic clutch,pacesetter headers/exhaust, AWR 88duro motormounts, P.R.M jetstream CAI,KYB GR-2 struts, KL31 ECU,JE-50VAF,110A Mellenia alt. S.S Corksport Clutch line.


    March 04 2007, 6:19 PM
    Profile
    Supporting Member
    User avatar

    Joined: February 02 2002, 3:01 AM
    Posts: 1364
    Location: Cheadle, Alberta, Canada
    Reply with quote
    Post 
    Just do a search of the V6 technical performance section on "KLZE ECU". This has been answered many many many times. Just use a KL31 or KL36 ECU. If you have other questions that you cannot fine an answer for, you'd best create a new topic as this on it for another purpose.

    A supporting member is someone who has donated $$$ to MX-3.com.

    _________________
    James Gosteli
    X-Prez of MX-West

    1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
    1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
    1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:


    March 04 2007, 6:37 PM
    Profile WWW
    Junior Member
    User avatar

    Joined: June 12 2004, 2:01 AM
    Posts: 2
    Location: Mt-tremblant, Quebec
    Reply with quote
    Post 
    At MX-3 quebec, we have a member who installs starait neck w/o extreme modification, just relocating the batterie and he installs a custum 90o before the TB

    heres the link if anyone wana try

    Image

    its in french http://www.mx-3quebec.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=16175

    _________________
    I luv Dée... FORTH
    <img src="http://img34.photobucket.com/albums/v102/wazup_shorty/CAR/mon_char.jpg" alt=" - " />


    March 30 2007, 10:53 AM
    Profile
    Regular Member

    Joined: April 09 2007, 7:35 PM
    Posts: 76
    Location: boiceville
    Reply with quote
    Post 
    I need to know (since im doing the ze swapp for my 1.8 mx-3) that if my intake mani will fit or if not where to get a milenia for now!?!? PLEASE HELP ME

    _________________
    RIP Matt


    April 09 2007, 8:18 PM
    Profile WWW
    Regular Member

    Joined: January 12 2007, 8:55 AM
    Posts: 36
    Location: Aachen (Germany)
    Reply with quote
    Post 
    my KLZE is a curfed neck...

    but how can i see which KLZE i have? 170hp or 200hp... both are curfed necks or?

    _________________
    -= loud pipes save lifes =-

    KL-ZE inside!


    May 14 2007, 7:37 AM
    Profile ICQ WWW
    Site Administrator
    User avatar

    Joined: November 07 2000, 3:01 AM
    Posts: 8391
    Location: Lat 35.1N Lon -90W
    Reply with quote
    Post 
    KLZE is 190,
    KL is 164
    There is no 170 Hp KLZE

    _________________
    Keep this site alive! Donate!


    May 14 2007, 10:02 AM
    Profile WWW
    Regular Member

    Joined: November 30 2006, 5:47 PM
    Posts: 154
    Reply with quote
    Post 
    so what is the Best IM for the DE?


    May 16 2007, 3:11 PM
    Profile WWW
    Junior Member

    Joined: May 21 2007, 5:15 PM
    Posts: 1
    Reply with quote
    Post 
    MS8 and Euno 800 / Millenia were automatics only.
    Mazda auto's required a smoother torque and were not rated for the 200hp therefore the automatic equiped cars were rated at 170hp only.
    The 800 / Millenia did not use a VAF (JE50) but used a MAF therefore I would think you would have change the ECU and MAF to get the 200hp with a curved IM from a 800.


    June 02 2007, 5:28 AM
    Profile
    Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
    Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests


    You cannot post new topics in this forum
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum

    Search for:
    Jump to:  
    cron
    Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.